GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

good news (for me), bad news (for you)

fatbastard1

Passed Driver's Ed
OK, first the good news......I just picked up my new GTI today! It's a CGM, 2 dr, manual. It's my first VW and looking forward to becoming one with the machine if you know what I mean.

Now the bad news.......You see, I am kinda gettin' up there in years (just turned 66) and I am having a senior life crisis, hence the GTI purchase. Now what this means to you, boys and girls, is this---You've got to get rid of your GTI's now and get something else like, I dunno, maybe a Nissan Cube or Rectangle or somethin'. You wouldn't want to own the same car an old geezer like me is driving, would you? Now, outa the way ladies, grandpa is coming thru!

Last edited:

FN in MT

Ready to race!
I'm hitting 60 in October and have been enjoying my GTI the past few months. Your as old as you let yourself feel.

We had a thread here on age...there were several in their 60's.

FN in MT

iamagoodboi

Passed Driver's Ed
power to you! My dad borrowed my car for the week and now he wants one for himself also. He loves the (real manual) and getting through traffic without having to try every hard.

sorry I forgot to add that my father is 64 and strong.

Last edited:

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new vehicle.

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
your the coolest grandpa ever haha

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
my dad drove my car but he told me his leg hurts after awhile from shifting lol but more power to you for picking up a gti!

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
You should change you user name to G'PAGTI lol welcome and congrats on you purchase.