GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Riceburner goes from MK7 to MK6 K04...

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
^ding ding! yes, they are supposed to be a little more durable 'heavy duty' than stock. So far, no noise at all, car feels soooo much better than right before swapping them out. less road noise, less harsh going over bumps, less clanking.

thanks
lol i know it man worn endlinks can drive a person crazy

riceburner

Autocross Champion
And any one worn suspension piece on these cars really upsets the whole balance/ride quality so much! Ive had cars where the mechanic tells me bushings are shot, struts leaking, rusted out bits, and I'm like 'oh, i had no idea cause it's riding fine!' lol.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
And any one worn suspension piece on these cars really upsets the whole balance/ride quality so much! Ive had cars where the mechanic tells me bushings are shot, struts leaking, rusted out bits, and I'm like 'oh, i had no idea cause it's riding fine!' lol.

Agreed.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Since shots from the backseat are popular for people with bag systems lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Problems and solutions... Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
So far it's been holding up great honestly, no wear on the material at all. It's only a weekend car mostly though. Probably no more than 5-7000 miles on it

riceburner

Autocross Champion
got the rest of the meth parts in! have a total of:

220PSI Snow pump
Snow MAFU controller
BSH Pump bracket
SNOW 2.5 Gal tank, and line, brackets
Upgrade solenoid to be mounted between pump and tank
2 checkvalves
T-fitting for dual nozzle setup
2 filtered 225ml nozzles
IE Throttle plate
BSH Throttle pipe

Think that's it roughly unless I'm forgetting anything.

Hoping to start installing at some point during this week. Also want to figure out some indicator lighting and a switch to turn system on/off... based on previous experience that control is good to have incase the system decides 'hey lets just start dumping meth in for no reason!'.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
at GRDtuned to get a few things done...

*Flash Stage 2 APR TCU tune to Stock
-----> So I can flash on a unitronic stage 2 TCU tune. From all I've read, unitronic's TCU tune is simply smoother, a little less harsh, but still offers the same top end performance. Worth a try for the money back gaurantee, because the behaviour of the DSG (which I am hoping is a product of the APR tune) is just not enjoyable in stop and go.
* Downshifts clunky, mostly in 2nd and 3rd
* Stopping feels very non-linear; you feel the gears moving down and the car just doesn't feel good doing it. Wish there was some sort of 'neutral' mode it would go into lol
* From a stop, lots of vibrations, which i expect with full mounts, but also that damn delay.

Unitronic appears, based off the few reviews I could find, to simply be smoother across the board and soften alot of the downfalls that the DSG 'just has'. Will report back!

Also getting my selectable ECU tunes reflashed:
Stock test pipe
93 K04
100 K04

Stay 'tuned'! ;)

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Seats look awesome man! I think those are gonna be a little too small for me. I have a 38" waist and typical bucket seats are a little too tight for comfort. Might have to fork out $$ for Recaro Sportsters.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I wish there was a place where we could try sitting in some of these seats. Just a shot in the dark to find one that fits imo.