GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Metro Atlanta VW Crew

ultimateskier

Passed Driver's Ed
aww i wanted to come due to some free time, but my dsg took a shit on me after the latest ecu 2.1 and tcu 1.6 re tune : [ mechatronics is broken plus i might have clutch plate damg. I talking to auto-nation vw due to my car having 59,999 miles right under the 60k power trans warranty plus in the past them replacing my entire trans which was done at 25k miles.

Fingers crossed!

Dante_Rez

Ready to race!
Damn! Good luck

Yo.SeungHyun

Ready to race!
i have just talked with my service department at auto-nation vw and it will be covered under powertran warranty, also they will be changing my perfectly working water pump that was replaced about 6 months ago with a new style / revision water pump. plus i will not be running the apr tcu tune untill they get everything figured out

rkellis

Ready to race!
i have just talked with my service department at auto-nation vw and it will be covered under powertran warranty, also they will be changing my perfectly working water pump that was replaced about 6 months ago with a new style / revision water pump. plus i will not be running the apr tcu tune untill they get everything figured out

Nice. Good to hear. Which auto nation are you going to?

Sent from a far out galaxy.

Yo.SeungHyun

Ready to race!
the old Gunther VW

ultimateskier

Passed Driver's Ed

Great news :thumbsup:

Dante_Rez

Ready to race!
Good to hear mate

Yo.SeungHyun

Ready to race!
yay this takes alot off my mind as i am just pulling out of my financial mess iv been in since my life turned the other way. car is back to factory ecu and tcu tune. going to re tune this week on version 2.1 but leave the tcu alone for a bit for about 5k miles to break it in, plus i get to enjoy the dsg farts which i haven't heard for about a year

ultimateskier

Passed Driver's Ed

ultimateskier

Passed Driver's Ed

thebalkan

Passed Driver's Ed
Actually it's this below, the one I posted b4 is for mk7, but same exact principle...

https://store.034motorsport.com/bil...agen-golf-jetta-gti-gli-8j-8p-audi-tt-a3.html

Just installed mine about 2 weeks ago. You get a little more feedback in the clutch pedal and the overall feel when shifting and driving is nicer. I wouldn't say that it'll make a dramatic difference but I enjoy the improvement. Just another mod to add to the list :).

Haven't noticed any harsh vibrations after the install.

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!

ultimateskier

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks to both for feedback! More is welcome. So far glad to hear vibration is minimal. I was a bit worried of faster than usual wear&tear and do HATE developing annoying little dash or center console rattles (at the end of the day still an R not an S3 or M4) so that's as important as shift crispness. At the same time feeling more movement when engaging clutch at higher rpms with stage 1 and looking to tighten things up a bit. Always a trade off but sounds like a good balance. I think I'll pull the trigger!

ManofVoice

Ready to race!
Thanks to both for feedback! More is welcome. So far glad to hear vibration is minimal. I was a bit worried of faster than usual wear&tear and do HATE developing annoying little dash or center console rattles (at the end of the day still an R not an S3 or M4) so that's as important as shift crispness. At the same time feeling more movement when engaging clutch at higher rpms with stage 1 and looking to tighten things up a bit. Always a trade off but sounds like a good balance. I think I'll pull the trigger!

Will you let us know how it goes? I've yet to pull the trigger on an insert myself.

ultimateskier

Passed Driver's Ed
Will you let us know how it goes? I've yet to pull the trigger on an insert myself.

Will do! Probably have it done when due for cam follower inspection and replacement alongside the 40k service. At 38k now...