GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Metro Atlanta VW Crew

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
Briefly toyed with buying a '16 R today, then talked myself out of it (again). Just not ready for another car payment. But ooooooh I want...

That is all.

ManofVoice

Ready to race!
Briefly toyed with buying a '16 R today, then talked myself out of it (again). Just not ready for another car payment. But ooooooh I want...

That is all.

"Buy! Buy! Buy!"

- The Little Red Guy

rkellis

Ready to race!
You know you want it Brad. Stop teasing yourself. Lol

Sent from a far out galaxy.

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
You know you want it Brad. Stop teasing yourself. Lol

Luckily they are still really hard to find (at least the dsg with dap...) That helps me be intelligent.

ultimateskier

Passed Driver's Ed
Brad, all that delayed gratification of yours is not worth the mk7 R. Go grab yourself one of these babies for prob same pretty penny:

http://youtu.be/DnR6FBRC0F4

ps. just please disregard (annoying) Matt Farah and all his douchebaggery and tune to the sweet sound of that turbo spool...

ericwood311

Ready to race!
I'm just over here trying to resist buying an intake for my mk7 lol

From what I hear, intakes can actually change the power band for the worse on the Mk7s. I personally bought a K&N drop in for like $40 and noticed a pretty good difference in sound and top end pull. I also have my Stage 1 tuner coming tomorrow (Burger Tuning JB1). Looking at around 270 hp and 320 tq at the wheels :D Hopefully I can make it out to the next meet.

BTW, I have my factory MK7 Wheels up for sale if anyone is interested: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104592

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
From what I hear, intakes can actually change the power band for the worse on the Mk7s. I personally bought a K&N drop in for like $40 and noticed a pretty good difference in sound and top end pull. I also have my Stage 1 tuner coming tomorrow (Burger Tuning JB1). Looking at around 270 hp and 320 tq at the wheels :D Hopefully I can make it out to the next meet.

BTW, I have my factory MK7 Wheels up for sale if anyone is interested: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104592

I literally just want it for the sounds LOL

My last GTI was about power and performance. I just want to enjoy this one the way it is (kinda). I feel like, since I got the DSG this time, I don't really have a desire for tunes or other performance mods. The car is enough for me, as is.

zrickety

The Fixer
I have a minimalist attitude towards the car but there is always something to make it better.

ultimateskier

Passed Driver's Ed
I literally just want it for the sounds LOL

My last GTI was about power and performance. I just want to enjoy this one the way it is (kinda). I feel like, since I got the DSG this time, I don't really have a desire for tunes or other performance mods. The car is enough for me, as is.

Life's too short to stay stock. Let's see how you feel in a year or so when the itch builds and the miles pile up closer to warranty limits. It's hard to be a purist these days with so much power on tap via a simple 20 min tune and intake/exhaust set up. You drop less than 2K and boom you find yourself in early 2000's 911 territory, only with a sleeper hatchback that handles like an understeering late apex champ and has better reliability. VAG group are holding back on purpose with detuned engines and lower peak boost levels (turbos are so much better build nowadays) so next gen GTIs may roll out with 260+hp stock. Why wait? The aesthetics argument I get. I like the car to look the same as it rolles out of the factory (maybe some springs eventually to close that ugly wheel gap...) but no wings or crazy offset dub wheels for me as I'm well into the third decade. My 0.02$. Wonder what other folks think.

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
Life's too short to stay stock. Let's see how you feel in a year or so when the itch builds and the miles pile up closer to warranty limits. It's hard to be a purist these days with so much power on tap via a simple 20 min tune and intake/exhaust set up. You drop less than 2K and boom you find yourself in early 2000's 911 territory, only with a sleeper hatchback that handles like an understeering late apex champ and has better reliability. VAG group are holding back on purpose with detuned engines and lower peak boost levels (turbos are so much better build nowadays) so next gen GTIs may roll out with 260+hp stock. Why wait? The aesthetics argument I get. I like the car to look the same as it rolles out of the factory (maybe some springs eventually to close that ugly wheel gap...) but no wings or crazy offset dub wheels for me as I'm well into the third decade. My 0.02$. Wonder what other folks think.

Oh, I have the bug lol I'm just pinching pennies so I can have a good safety net when I move. When I mod this car in the future, it won't be as hard and as fast as I did with my mk6.
And I had a 2000 911 back in 2009-2014. The car was fun, it was nice, but I just don't have a use for it in my life right now. My car is merely something to get to work and back, for right now. The 911 I actually had some fun with because I was young(er) and dumb(er). Same with the mk6. Now I'm trying to be somewhat of an adult and think things through. If I do get the itch REALLY bad, I'll probably look into buying a used Cayman instead of modding the mk7.

Seems reasonable, right? lol

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
Are you guys meeting up in the upcoming weeks? I need more friends with GTI's
Yep, this coming Saturday (every second Saturday) is our typical meet at BWW on mansell. Hope to see you there!

Speaking of which, who's in?

ericwood311

Ready to race!
I'm going to try to make it out this Saturday. I also think rblGTI should make it out so I'm not the only mk7...

Btw, does anyone need mk6 carpet mats (front and back seats)? I still have mine from my mk6 and will give them to someone if they just pay for my meal and a beer or two.

Also, LunaticGTI02, there is a car show at VW Kennesaw on Sunday. I might go to that too to see what they are giving away. Maybe some Golf and Jetta diesels [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rkellis

Ready to race!
I will try to make it. Got a few plans on Saturday, but should be free in the evening.