Torque app
Fuse tap
12v to 5v 2a supply
USB to Micro USB cable
Nite Ize Steelie
Cheap tablet w/Bluetooth*
ODB 2 Bluetooth dongle
"Auto start-no root" app in play store

I could make a really nice, clean install of a mounted small tablet that runs Torque automatically at startup and doesn't get power when the car is off (fuse 40 or 42, say). Would have to turn the tablet on and off manually but the app should launch automatically. This might be my first mod. Kinda psyched to try this.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
I'm thinking that with the following ingredients:

Torque app
Fuse tap
12v to 5v 2a supply
USB to Micro USB cable
Nite Ize Steelie
Cheap tablet w/Bluetooth*
ODB 2 Bluetooth dongle
"Auto start-no root" app in play store

I could make a really nice, clean install of a mounted small tablet that runs Torque automatically at startup and doesn't get power when the car is off (fuse 40 or 42, say). Would have to turn the tablet on and off manually but the app should launch automatically. This might be my first mod. Kinda psyched to try this.

For the fuse tap, supply, USB to USB cable and such, look here. I recently purchased an adapter for my dash cam from here and its everything that you have listed all in one nice cable.

Thanks for the heads-up about the "Auto start-no root" app, just downloaded this for my in my car tablet so that Torque Pro will start automatically. Saves me a click or two.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion

baniels

Ready to race!

Hotpocketdeath

Damn, sounds like you know your way around Torque pretty well. I have a tablet in my car that I run Torque Pro on, out of curiosity what custom gauges (pids) do you have made up for the gti?

Sorry, I made the CSV based on my car because that's all I have to work with and just shared what I had created for others to use. But I can say that the gauges I created aren't a secret. They use the PIDs that are part of the OBD2 set, which would make them fairly universal for any car as long as the car has the sensor available. All I did was figure out which ones were working and how to set up the equations.

This hadn't been working for me...

Just now it dawned on me that my phone's barometer might be something other than ff1270. I checked and it is the same.

Any thoughts?

If you are using your phone, you need to make sure the conversion is correct. The equation in my csv pulls the pressure values in kpa. So if you phone is reading in mbar, then the end of the equation would look like "-([ff1270]*.1)".

If you phone is reading in kpa, then you just need to subtract it. ie "-[ff1270]"

But if none of those are working, then it would be better to pull the info from the car itself, which would be in kpa, so you only need to subtract it. The equation would look something like this. "(((D*256)+E)/32)-[33]"

I usually recommend using your android device for this because it's one less thing that has to be read from the car. These OBD2 Bluetooth adapters only read so much data per second, so the fewer number of PIDs you need to read will let the adapter update the ones you want a little faster.

Last edited:

Paytrose

Ready to race!
Bringing an old thread back to life. I have a question about the volumetric efficiency in the Torque Pro app. The default value in the vehicle profile is set at 85%. I added the VE gauge on the app and peaked at 155%. Am I supposed to use the peak value for the vehicle profile? Or do I set it as an average? I see a lot of people say they set it at 90 ~ 95%. Thanks.