GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pcv install question

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion
Recently took my 034 catchcan off and sold it. reinstalled the stock pcv and had some weird idle issues the other night and ive been getting a "intake air leak" dtc the past few days. I remember reading that theres a specific bolt pattern for the pcv bolts. If anyone has a Bentley and can verify it, i'd greatly appreciate it. :beer::beer:

estepnie

Ready to race!

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
That video makes me so nervous about this car, lol. I'm at 88k on the stock PCV and injectors...

GlfSprt, where ya been buddy?

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion
removed and reistalled, tq in order to spec. p2279, intake air leak. wtf. oil cap was easy to take off, when i remove the hose from the intake mani it wants to stall (like its supposed to)
*shrugs*

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Recently took my 034 catchcan off and sold it. reinstalled the stock pcv and had some weird idle issues the other night and ive been getting a "intake air leak" dtc the past few days. I remember reading that theres a specific bolt pattern for the pcv bolts. If anyone has a Bentley and can verify it, i'd greatly appreciate it. :beer::beer:

did you transfer the gasket?

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion
did you transfer the gasket?

fresh gasket.

went to dinner, came out and fired it up and it wouldnt hold an idle. got alllll sorts of misfire codes. Me thinks the pcv is crapped.

random/multiple misfire
cyl 1,2,3,4 misfires

Last edited:

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion

woooo.. its like xmas on my dash lol Installed a new pcv tonight..... in the dark.., in 10 deg. weather lol hope this works.

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion
no new issues.. still getting an intake air leak code. -____-

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion
dead cold... no issues. once its warmed up and it cools back down (run into the store, restaurant etc) it runs like ass. if i clear the dtc's .. it runs like crap.

cracked intake mani??