GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally saw R tailights on a MKVI - EH NICE!!!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Hadn't seen these in person before today, but saw them on a white TDI going home after work.

They look like they are worth every cent, so bad ass! :w00t:

sukanas1

Ready to race!
the only thing thats bugging me about putting money into taillight is that if i were to get rearended, insurance won't cover them.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
the only thing thats bugging me about putting money into taillight is that if i were to get rearended, insurance won't cover them.

Depending on your insurance, they might. Varies from company to company.

Mine covers up to $5000 of modifications, provided that I have receipts to prove my purchase of them. I can also buy more to cover in excess of $5000.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
wait you made a thread just to say you saw a car with led tails??

LULZ

yes.

it was a breaking of my LED cherry.... it felt oh so good.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
IMO, they look even better at night when lit up. I envy those driving behind me as they get to enjoy the beauty of my GTIs sweet sweet ass.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
IMO, they look even better at night when lit up. I envy those driving behind me as they get to enjoy the beauty of my GTIs sweet sweet ass.

heck yeah! it was starting to get dark and then he turned em on... so nice, sooooo nice.

I thought only Canadians use "eh" guess I was wrong.

It was more of a Borat thing :)

MikeyT213

Passed Driver's Ed

I came home from work the other night and felt compelled to get out and look at my tail lights before i shut her down. That's how I know it was money well spent. :thumbup:

masmole

Passed Driver's Ed
best $600 ive ever spent so far.

2nd! even if it was $1k it still would've been the best money spent on a mod... so quite a bargain at the current going price of $600-$750.

Love mine! And my gf who normally could care less about mods and other cosmetic car crap, loves them too. That's the amazing part. They completely change the look of the rear even when they're off and not lit.

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
How would your insurance company not know LEDs werent standard and why would they care? The body shop is doing the appraisal and adding $200 more for tails with thousands of damage.... Just tell the appraiser it came with LEDs from the factory..

masmole

Passed Driver's Ed
Just tell the appraiser it came with LEDs from the factory..

actually, this works! ^^

friend who drives a 2008 C4S got lightly rear-ended by some tall suv/pick-up which busted the bumper and left rear tail light, both of which were retrofits from a newer 2010 rear bumper with 2010 rear LED lights. He told the adjuster that they were dealer-installed pre-delivery options and they just paid whatever the difference was to have the repair shop order 2010 oem parts to retrofit into a 2008 car. No issues.

So if anyone smashes up their Golf's rear and their Golf R LED installs, just use the same story. They don't seem to ever check validity with the dealer, and even if they did, the dealer will verify your claim regardless by vaguely replying "he's a customer" or something like that. The "aftermarket" oem parts don't really cost much more if at all, so the adjuster could give a sh1t if it means making you more compliant to agreement and the claim being closed.

Summary: Just get 'em. Although euro only for now, they're still a factory part, and shall be replaced as such, one way or another, without any additional expense to you.