GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Ok cool. Any recommendations for injectors? Would the TTRS LPFP and control module be sufficient?

I'm not looking for huge power since I DD it and don't track all that much. Do you think it's not worth upgrading fueling and sticking with something in the 400hp range? For whatever reason, I was targeting between 450-500hp. That really was just a random number that got in my head.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Upcoming uni gtx3071 kit and Uni fueling kit, start with the base then move up when you build the motor

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
350whp max for stock fueling unless you're adding methanol injection above a 50/50 ratio. Then it's about 400 but it's risky.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Well engine is in finally, plan on going to EuEx with it. most of the hard parts are done and in, Front end will go back on in like 2hrs or less. Wiring the engine/ecu starts tonight. 3 nights and two weekend days and Monday-Tuesday shakedown, i guess you sleep when you are dead.

drakore

Ready to race!
Ok I got you. Makes sense why U-20T was saying go turbo and fueling first.

Thanks for all the info everyone. I'm obviously not knowledgeable on the subject. Everyone has been very helpful.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Ok I got you. Makes sense why U-20T was saying go turbo and fueling first.

Thanks for all the info everyone. I'm obviously not knowledgeable on the subject. Everyone has been very helpful.

Supporting mods first. Absolutely. Fueling is the most important thing on our platform and also one of the most complicated... have to get it dialed in properly. I'm a huge supporter of methanol BUT only as a failsafe. Get your fuel dialed in and run a 60/40 split of methanol/water which will always insure you have ample fuel.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Great. Any recommendations for a WM kit outside of the Aquamist kit?

It doesn't matter what kit if you're only using it for supplemental fuel and cooling. I used snow.

If you're using it for fuel and relying on it, I would only use aquamist and recommend failsafes.

There is a dedicated thread on W/M.

drakore

Ready to race!
Thanks. I'll check it out in greater detail. I've only skimmed over parts of it.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Thanks. I'll check it out in greater detail. I've only skimmed over parts of it.

And if you haven't already, read through this whole thread AND the original one. I don't really post here any more, I moved platforms but when I was modding my GTI, this forum was all I really needed for ideas and some guidance.

If you have any questions you need answered in detail, PM and and I'll give you my cell.