GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR vs COBB

havocsrt

Ready to race!
So this pretty much makes it a no brainer for me.... Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me.... my birthday's not for a while... but I'll treat myself now anyway.

Alex, I assume this is also good for a DSG model? I'd like to get this asap.
Im sure Alex will provide a better answer, but i know his development GTI is DSG so you will be in good hands. I bought the F23t package, water methanol and brake rotors from Alex, great choice and customer service.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Im sure Alex will provide a better answer, but i know his development GTI is DSG so you will be in good hands. I bought the F23t package, water methanol and brake rotors from Alex, great choice and customer service.

This..

I'm going through the F23T ProTune process with him as I type this, and he's been a pleasure to deal with.. I send him logs and not even a day later he sends me a revised tune..

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
If you want to bastardize your car with mixed components from various manufacturers, sure the math may not make sense for Stage 2. For me, I like to stick to one company where they do most of their tests using their own hardware. So in this case, it makes a lot of sense to me.

This is probably the dumbest thing I've read in a while..... You're limiting your potential sticking to one company. Different companies make the best parts for different areas of the car..... By recognizing that any buying said parts.... you are maximizing potential, not limiting it.

Sorry I know this is an old post in this thread. Just had to comment.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
This is probably the dumbest thing I've read in a while..... You're limiting your potential sticking to one company. Different companies make the best parts for different areas of the car..... By recognizing that any buying said parts.... you are maximizing potential, not limiting it.

Yeah, he'd hate my car. In the suspension alone I'll have products from four different companies.

songyun

Ready to race!
If I weren't already flashed, I'd def get cobb. The convenient for the flash price is dang. I wound't care about those small power numbers. I mean we are not real racing someone, most of us just want to upgrade.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
IMHO, you can't go wrong with Alex at Stratified and Justin at Freektune. Both will take care of you.

havocsrt

Ready to race!
Here is some of Alex's handy work with the F23t.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie

Yeah, he'd hate my car. In the suspension alone I'll have products from four different companies.

My Bastardized car:

-Stoptech
-Southbend
-APR
-42DD
-034 motorsports
-Fluidampr
-H&R
-Unibrace
-Gfb
-IE
-VWR
-HPA
-SRS-Tech
-KMD Tuning
-Bfi

Shit...im sure im missing some more.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
My Bastardized car:

-Stoptech
-Southbend
-APR
-42DD
-034 motorsports
-Fluidampr
-H&R
-Unibrace
-Gfb
-IE
-VWR
-HPA
-SRS-Tech
-KMD Tuning
-Bfi

Shit...im sure im missing some more.
Mines a small bastard

CTS Turbo
034 Motorsports
Beluga Racing
Unitronic

Soon some
Billstein or KW coils
Rotiform or Alzors wheels
Eurojet or Unitronic(Again) Intercooler

Maybe
Franken turbo (or Unitronic k04 (since i already have software from them))
Or go big with a ATP or CTS big turbo kit.

If big turbo ill probably
Build engine with IE internals

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie
Yes, for $700 a single map pro-tune is included. That means that we start with a Stratified tune that we have developed on our own GTI through hours of testing and thousands of miles of refinement. From there we use specific data from your car. I send you a tuning form where you fill out your modifications, fuel, and what you want out of the tune. If you want something with a very flat torque curve we can do this. If you want something punchy we can do this too.

After this you load the Stratified tune on your car and grab datalogs based on our instructions. I analyse the data and refine the tune based on your driveability feedback as well as exact data coming from your car with your fuel and your modifications. We then go through a refining process of several back and forth logs and map updates until the tune is complete.

I am not a believer of winter and summer tunes. A car should work well year-round so the goal is to have a tune that performs well in all conditions. If you use different fuel types (91 and 93, or E85) that will require a second map.

You can store an "unlimited" number of tunes on the AP and unlimited number of logs. Of course there is a limit but I haven't heard of anyone reaching it and that is with logging multiple full track sessions and holding 30-40 maps at a time.

Finally you always have access to the OTS tunes. As well as the OEM tune. I like to think that you will enjoy the Stratified tune the most but you always have access to those as well.

Alex, my order has been placed! Kindly look out for it. Thank you!

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Alex, my order has been placed! Kindly look out for it. Thank you!

You'll dig it.. I'm going through the process with him right now with my F23T and it's been nothing short of awesome..

mattsc

Alex, is your stratified tune good for stock cars out of the box or is the custom protune (sending data logs, tweaking it a bit, etc) necessary? and what will hp/tq be for those using the tune with stock components? Just curious

Disanto7389

Passed Driver's Ed
This is why i love this forum. So far im running AWE intake and catback exhaust (from previous owner). Giac is over an hour away from me. Might have just sold me on the cobb and protune through stratified. Thanks for the info