GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I hate emptying our shredder. So I usually wait until it's at max lol... Luckily in our area, they usually have a paper shredding event that is free. So I'll take big bags of shit that I need to shred.
I have a shredder at home that I don't really use much. I bring shit to work and dump it in the big secured shredder bin from time to time.

This Netflix F1 documentary is the shit

What's it called?

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
ChiChat 18: Dubya Obtains License To Shoot People

I have a shredder at home that I don't really use much. I bring shit to work and dump it in the big secured shredder bin from time to time.

What's it called?

Formula 1: Drive to Survive

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Woke up really early. Reason: Had to pee.

Bummer.

This Netflix F1 documentary is the shit
Yep, i been telling everyone about it. Almost on episode 5. Some really cool behind the scenes stuff.

Talking to you too Craig, just 1 episode.
Formula 1: Drive to Survive

Bruhhhh right!?

some of the best f1 content ive ever seen. f1 fantasy league starts tomorrow if youre not already in it with jawn and what not. :thumbsup:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
The F1 show - I have it "favorited" or whatever on NF but haven't watched it yet. Watched Gentleman Driver over the weekend and that was enough to motivate me to get more shit done at work lol. Damn I need to make a lot more money to go play how I want to!

Dropped my car off this morning to have the headlights fixed (when they reprogrammed the new radio after the accident, because I dumped a bladder-buster sized coffee into it... they must have un-coded the auto high beam feature on accident.) Hanging out in the service writer's office as she writes me up, and this dweeby weeny kind of guy pulls up in a new Cayman. Cool car, great color, looks nice... but he does like 4 walkarounds with his phone, takes photos of the odometer and trip meters... it's like, dude, there's a GT3 RS parked next to you. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool car, and I bet it's your baby (it would be my baby too!) but seriously, the techs see these things all day every day.
If they're gonna risk their job and career to go hooning in a customer car, it's not gonna be your Cayman. Chill man.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
meh f1 gets boring. Just can't relate to those type of cars/driving.

Now if you want to watch some exciting racing, watch this battle for 1st during the last 20 min of bathurst
https://youtu.be/cSz7YOwu304?t=496
Will agree some f1 races are boring, see below comment to craig .

Spec miata racing is probably some of the more exciting racing to watch. Also a big fan of BTCC and IMSA .

Bathurst is incredibly hard to drive going through the downhill twistie section and then trying to find the braking zones in the last few high speed to low gear turns. very cool track

I feel the same. Racing is boring to watch imo unless you’re actually driving in it. Except nascar. That has to get boring as fuck.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F1 is exciting but its an investment of time in the states. The races are on at odd times (2am, 6am etc) ...so unless you have cable/dvr its not the easiest to follow. Additionally with F1 you really have to follow it leading up to the race by watching practices, qualifying then race day. Seeing the race weekend evolve is what got me hooked.

Plus i drive all the tracks on sim the week of the race, really gives you an idea why drivers crash in certain parts of the track etc..
LOL get used to it.
i laughed out loud :lol:

disco toilet light ftw
I don't think racing is boring to watch, well some races are. Some are really fun.
this^

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
F1 isn’t my favorite racing, but this documentary shows all the inner workings, the drama, the drivers real personalities. The detail is amazing. It beautifully shot. Ricciardo is my spirit animal.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
The F1 show - I have it "favorited" or whatever on NF but haven't watched it yet. Watched Gentleman Driver over the weekend and that was enough to motivate me to get more shit done at work lol. Damn I need to make a lot more money to go play how I want to!

Dropped my car off this morning to have the headlights fixed (when they reprogrammed the new radio after the accident, because I dumped a bladder-buster sized coffee into it... they must have un-coded the auto high beam feature on accident.) Hanging out in the service writer's office as she writes me up, and this dweeby weeny kind of guy pulls up in a new Cayman. Cool car, great color, looks nice... but he does like 4 walkarounds with his phone, takes photos of the odometer and trip meters... it's like, dude, there's a GT3 RS parked next to you. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool car, and I bet it's your baby (it would be my baby too!) but seriously, the techs see these things all day every day.
If they're gonna risk their job and career to go hooning in a customer car, it's not gonna be your Cayman. Chill man.
I'll have to give that a watch. I need some motivation to get going on my shit. Taking last season off sucked and while it was for the greater good, I definitely feel a bit depressed and removed from the driving lifestyle. Hoping I fall back into the groove fast.

Bottom story reminds me of a guys car I worked on a few weeks ago. mk6 gti, stock other than a stage2 tune and exhaust stickers all over the car. Was doing a clutch for him. During the arrangements discussion of when he's going to drop it off etc he asks if he can hang out while we do the work. meh... I guess if you must. Gets there and thanks me for allowing him to hang out, ya know so he absolutely knows I wont' be out joyriding his lame car. Felt like bursting his bubble for a minute and telling him that if I'm going joyriding, it's going to be in my own car which is 30x more fun. But alas instead I said something along the lines of "it's cool, I have a gti too"

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
The F1 show - I have it "favorited" or whatever on NF but haven't watched it yet. Watched Gentleman Driver over the weekend and that was enough to motivate me to get more shit done at work lol.
Gentleman Driver very good too.

Id love to watch Drive to survive while working but its so good it deserves full attention. If you have a 4k tv youll really enjoy it.
F1 isn’t my favorite racing, but this documentary shows all the inner workings, the drama, the drivers real personalities. The detail is amazing. It beautifully shot. Ricciardo is my spirit animal.
Ricciardo is definitely a fan favorite. Its a toss up between Iceman and Shoey for me.

Leclerc i think is going to win me over this year , i dont care if it sounds wrong..but he looks really good in ferrari gear. :iono:

dubya is my spirit animal. Dat couch life ftw
couch life isnt that easy. ive worked from home before. gotta stay busy.

. I need some motivation to get going on my shit. Taking last season off sucked and while it was for the greater good, I definitely feel a bit depressed and removed from the driving lifestyle. Hoping I fall back into the groove fast.
Dang youre depressed ? , get back behind the wheel asap yeah . Sign up for a track day right now as a goal. :thumbsup:

seen this on facebook today yeah

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Gentleman Driver very good too.

Id love to watch Drive to survive while working but its so good it deserves full attention. If you have a 4k tv youll really enjoy it.

Ricciardo is definitely a fan favorite. Its a toss up between Iceman and Shoey for me.

Leclerc i think is going to win me over this year , i dont care if it sounds wrong..but he looks really good in ferrari gear. :iono:

couch life isnt that easy. ive worked from home before. gotta stay busy.

So many story lines for this season.

Ricciardo at Renault

Kimi at Alfa

Leclerc at Ferrari

Can Team Haas be the best of the rest.

Will Williams and McLaren continue shitting the bed

Renault vs Red Bull

Ricciardo vs Max

And of course Mercedes vs Ferrari

Status
Not open for further replies.