GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I've seen V6 mustangs that had all the dressings of a GT (besides the GT-specific badges).

Related and recent: followed what I thought was an 11+ GT onto the highway. After a steep turn, the road opens up. So I was behind him at maybe 30mph and we floored it at pretty much the same time. It didn't sound like the V8, and I was able to get past him before reaching ~85 or 90. So from a 30 roll I'd have probably put a couple or a few cars on him. Yeah he was right on my ass for a while after that. Old boy wasn't too happy with me.

Mods at the time are stage 1 + intake.

Anyways it left me wondering what it was. Its rear-end looked just like this, exhaust and all. No GT badges on it but no bulged hood like the GT. Maybe a v6 with track pack?

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I've seen V6 mustangs that had all the dressings of a GT (besides the GT-specific badges).

Related and recent: followed what I thought was an 11+ GT onto the highway. After a steep turn, the road opens up. So I was behind him at maybe 30mph and we floored it at pretty much the same time. It didn't sound like the V8, and I was able to get past him before reaching ~85 or 90. So from a 30 roll I'd have probably put a couple or a few cars on him. Yeah he was right on my ass for a while after that. Old boy wasn't too happy with me.

Mods at the time are stage 1 + intake.

Anyways it left me wondering what it was. Its rear-end looked just like this, exhaust and all. No GT badges on it but no bulged hood like the GT. Maybe a v6 with track pack?

That looks pretty similar to the one I had in florida as a rental.

Edit: Nope, must be older than 2014, because this is what ours looked like in the back:

Ours was the 2dr v6 convertible, which weighs in at 3600+lbs, but the 2dr coupe only weighs 3401lbs, so it's a real damn close weight to hp ratio as a stage 2 gti. Even our heavier convertible felt pretty damn fast when I drove it, I was impressed. 2012's and 2014's are similar in weight and hp, seems to just be the aesthetics that changed slightly.

Must've been a 2010-12 premium v6 (or whatever gen/years the 2012's were).

Last edited:

csperry

Passed Driver's Ed
Ran the GTI for the first time today.

Denver, Colorado - Bandimere Speedway - 5,800 feet
2014 GTI 6MT
Completely Stock - including the dreaded tires.

~50 degrees F. Humid (for Colorado I suppose) - Strong wind.

I couldn't hook the tires, I varied between 2-4 thousand RPM's and entered softly and more aggressively, but spun every time I pressed the throttle. I just couldn't manage a good launch (keep in mind - first track-day with the GTI).

Race 1
GTI vs. 2002 Z28 intake/exhaust
15.311 @ 94.2 mph & 15.397 @ 95.79 mph (Great race!)

Race 2
GTI vs. "Can't hear myself think" 60's Roadrunner
15.202 @ 93.84 mph & 12.745 @ 103.25 (103.25..what??)

Race 3
GTI vs. "Modern" Hemi Charger (Exhaust - Other mods unknown)
15.217 @ 94.31 & 15.691 @ 86.68 mph

CONSTRUCTIVE criticism welcome.

MichaelGTi

Ready to race!
Monday night driving home I'm in the middle of 3 lanes coming up to the on ramp when I happen upon a severely riced out 350z convertible with huge chrome wheels that look like they weigh 50 pounds each and a huge wing. As I come up beside him he decides he wants into my lane, realizes I'm right there swerves back a bit then went for it anyway. I go to the right to avoid him and he punches it, as his slushbox downshifts it sounded like shit (raspy loud fart cans). I'm in third by this point at about 3500rpm so I feed into the boost and start to pull on him, putting about a car and a half on him by the on ramp. Either my stage 1 is healthier than I thought or that car was running bad. I slow down to enter the highway, as he comes within what seemed like inches as he gives me the ricer fly by and throws his 4 ways on. Epic win in his mind! I giggled a bit as I pictured the driver rushing home to post on the Z forum how he put me in my place. Lol.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
luls 350z's. The first versions were slow. When they upgraded the engine a couple years in they got quicker, but they're still not so fast. For a convertible with huge rims I'd guess your outcome was about right even if you got on the gas late :laugh:

Ran the GTI for the first time today.

Denver, Colorado - Bandimere Speedway - 5,800 feet
2014 GTI 6MT
Completely Stock - including the dreaded tires.

~50 degrees F. Humid (for Colorado I suppose) - Strong wind.

I couldn't hook the tires, I varied between 2-4 thousand RPM's and entered softly and more aggressively, but spun every time I pressed the throttle. I just couldn't manage a good launch (keep in mind - first track-day with the GTI).

Race 1
GTI vs. 2002 Z28 intake/exhaust
15.311 @ 94.2 mph & 15.397 @ 95.79 mph (Great race!)

Race 2
GTI vs. "Can't hear myself think" 60's Roadrunner
15.202 @ 93.84 mph & 12.745 @ 103.25 (103.25..what??)

Race 3
GTI vs. "Modern" Hemi Charger (Exhaust - Other mods unknown)
15.217 @ 94.31 & 15.691 @ 86.68 mph

CONSTRUCTIVE criticism welcome.

Not bad! Stock GTI's are trapping 94 all the time, but the fact you kept that up at 5300 feet is laudable. Et's are understandable with stock tires, especially 6mt. lols at the hemi charger. Anything hemi should be quick to live up to its name, but 86mph is civic territory :lol:

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Monday night driving home I'm in the middle of 3 lanes coming up to the on ramp when I happen upon a severely riced out 350z convertible with huge chrome wheels that look like they weigh 50 pounds each and a huge wing. As I come up beside him he decides he wants into my lane, realizes I'm right there swerves back a bit then went for it anyway. I go to the right to avoid him and he punches it, as his slushbox downshifts it sounded like shit (raspy loud fart cans). I'm in third by this point at about 3500rpm so I feed into the boost and start to pull on him, putting about a car and a half on him by the on ramp. Either my stage 1 is healthier than I thought or that car was running bad. I slow down to enter the highway, as he comes within what seemed like inches as he gives me the ricer fly by and throws his 4 ways on. Epic win in his mind! I giggled a bit as I pictured the driver rushing home to post on the Z forum how he put me in my place. Lol.

lol yeah, 350z's are laughable. I had 1 in front of me that punched it in an attempt to lose me, and I was able to keep up no problem (I was stock), and had 1 race me when I was stage 1 and I left him just as you did. The difference between our stories is the second guy rolled up next to me at the stop light to talk and was a cool guy, and was impressed with the GTI for sure.
Still waiting for one that wants to go now that I'm stage 2 :D

luls 350z's. The first versions were slow. When they upgraded the engine a couple years in they got quicker, but they're still not so fast. For a convertible with huge rims I'd guess your outcome was about right even if you got on the gas late :laugh:

Not bad! Stock GTI's are trapping 94 all the time, but the fact you kept that up at 5300 feet is laudable. Et's are understandable with stock tires, especially 6mt. lols at the hemi charger. Anything hemi should be quick to live up to its name, but 86mph is civic territory :lol:

I don't honestly get 350z's. They look fast on paper, but I must be hitting the worst drivers to ever own them because I've never had a problem with them...yet they should be stage 2 equals :iono:

As for the charger...that shit's just :confused:. That's non-SI civic territory...:eek:! A stock Dodge Dart with the 1.4l turbo (160whp - 3200lbs) can run a 16s 1/4 @ 91mph...lol

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Had a couple more runs today, nothing special.

Motor swapped 88-91 civic hatchback, at least I believe it was, he kept up better than he should have. Put a couple cars on him in a short run (1 gear, 3rd). He was cool though, gave me a thumbs up so I returned a V.

Also had a Nissan Altima 3.5 SE that decided to punch it after we left a light and he heard my exhaust. I quickly returned the favor and left him in the dust, 2 cars by the time I shift into 3rd.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Whoever was driving that Charger.... wow. That is terrible. I can push my Charger down the 1/4 faster than that.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Whoever was driving that Charger.... wow. That is terrible. I can push my Charger down the 1/4 faster than that.

Yeah That's unusually slow... Something happened. maybe a missed shift? Maybe automatic?

I Raced an evo 8 the other day on the highway. Did a pull from 60 in 4th and beat him by a car. lol I dont know what he had. Im guessing stock with exhaust? He had some unpainted body kits on it.

I was expecting to lose.. So pretty happy with that. We messed around the rest of the way home. Exited off the same ramp and when he turned off he honked and waved. Nice guy.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Dealt with some house wife in a range rover sport.

Driving around minding my business then i see a range rover waiting on stop sign (i had right of way), the second i passed she got on my tail, dafuq? The about half mile later the road ends n turned left which turns into a staight 2 lane road with nothing around. As i just stage 1 i decided to provoke her how quick my "10k euro versa" really is, she got even more mad cus she couldnt keep up until i decided to continue drive normal, passed me then slowed down more driving in 2 lanes to prevent passing, zig zagging, i got to her tail (3 inches from bumper). Coming up to an intersection, i passed her on left turn lane n cut her off horribly, she came up super close, light turned green, but i sat there until it turned yellow. She lays on the horn and yells at me til i left. I gave thumbs up (to piss her off even more!)as i left her stuck at light.

Thats what you get when you underestimate people driving "cheap" hatchbacks when it actually cost 29k LMAO!

Mogambo

Ready to race!
Overpaying for a "cheap" hatchback does not seem like something you should laugh your ass off about. At least thats my opinion.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Overpaying for a "cheap" hatchback does not seem like something you should laugh your ass off about. At least thats my opinion.

I did exagerate about that, but i did probably shock her that she thinks she could pass me when she actually couldnt keep up with the for a car thats 40k-50k less (not to mention stage 1 tuned) and on a car that says SPORT, when that car is actually heavier than a regular range rover due to the same chassis as lr3/discovery 3 which is really heavy. Which without a doubt she is clueless of as i can tell by how she behaves towards me, proving herself that shes a dumb fucking bitch with an iq that matches her age number.

rquinn19

Ready to race!
Dealt with some house wife in a range rover sport.

Driving around minding my business then i see a range rover waiting on stop sign (i had right of way), the second i passed she got on my tail, dafuq? The about half mile later the road ends n turned left which turns into a staight 2 lane road with nothing around. As i just stage 1 i decided to provoke her how quick my "10k euro versa" really is, she got even more mad cus she couldnt keep up until i decided to continue drive normal, passed me then slowed down more driving in 2 lanes to prevent passing, zig zagging, i got to her tail (3 inches from bumper). Coming up to an intersection, i passed her on left turn lane n cut her off horribly, she came up super close, light turned green, but i sat there until it turned yellow. She lays on the horn and yells at me til i left. I gave thumbs up (to piss her off even more!)as i left her stuck at light.

Thats what you get when you underestimate people driving "cheap" hatchbacks when it actually cost 29k LMAO!

wireless

Ready to race!
A 350z w/ test pipes, intake & a dyno tune was dead even with me at Stage 2. They'd easily beat a Stage 1+ car, especially at higher speeds where they breathe better.

I want to run a 370z with my k04.

fatvdub

Passed Driver's Ed
Stage 2+ Golf R VS 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6sp

Ok, so a co-worker drives his moms Camaro to work as he was to buy a WRX before lunch Alaska is famous for these, they are everywhere. At lunch he needed to return the Camaro home and needed a ride back to work... So being the great guy I am, I offered to give him a ride back to work, knowing what was about to go down. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. We pull up to the stop light, him in front, me following... light turns green, we gently go through the intersection and he hammers it, I followed the gesture and quickly realized I needed to switch lanes as I was going around him with ease, As I went around him I through up the deuces continued to pull on him. He realized this and shut it down. Later after lunch someone said "Is your new car going to beat the Golf?" I just laughed.

Last edited: