GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Ordered my Access port with Pro tune for my K04. Nearly impossible to get a hold of UM for any issues, which I seem to be having since the upgrade. Looking forward to working with the Stratified folks to get my car running great!

i called UM yesterday actually and asked a few questions and I couldnt help but feeling like I was bothering the guy who i spoke to. F that. Ill be getting a stratified tune.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
i called UM yesterday actually and asked a few questions and I couldnt help but feeling like I was bothering the guy who i spoke to. F that. Ill be getting a stratified tune.

i feel like i got similar vibes via email exchanges i had a while back.

davisharr

Go Kart Champion
Wondering what everyone is seeing for knock, mine is regularly going to -3 if I hit boost at lower RPM, does it at least a few times a drive, I always get home and it says my highs and lows are -3 and 0 on that monitor. Is this pretty normal? I put my 91 tune on as well (still with 94 in tank) just to see if it could be a fuel quality thing, but I dont think so. Worth noting I have not yet down my MAF calibration as I am waiting till I am back in my hometown where the car spends most of its life to make sure I have it calibrated for sea level and the correct fuel.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Is everyone averaging about 2 weeks between revisions for a pro tune?

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Sounds like they are a very busy group

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes, I would imagine. Doing street logging for my 93 octane tune, but will schedule time with Alex and my shop to tune for WMI on the dyno.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
I still have a rev hang issue, idk what is wrong with my tune or my car

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
Wondering what everyone is seeing for knock, mine is regularly going to -3 if I hit boost at lower RPM, does it at least a few times a drive, I always get home and it says my highs and lows are -3 and 0 on that monitor. Is this pretty normal? I put my 91 tune on as well (still with 94 in tank) just to see if it could be a fuel quality thing, but I dont think so. Worth noting I have not yet down my MAF calibration as I am waiting till I am back in my hometown where the car spends most of its life to make sure I have it calibrated for sea level and the correct fuel.

Did you fill up 94 in BC or Alberta ? If you filled up 94 in BC that's the problem.

OhioMK6

Ready to race!

Mine hits -3 during most hard WOT gear pulls. It never goes beyond -3 degrees. I'd imagine their tuning philosophy is to advance timing during a pull until they sense knock, and they allow a certain amount before retarding timing. They have a pretty good article on their website explaining knock, how it's normal, and what amount is safe.

davisharr

Go Kart Champion
Mine hits -3 during most hard WOT gear pulls. It never goes beyond -3 degrees. I'd imagine their tuning philosophy is to advance timing during a pull until they sense knock, and they allow a certain amount before retarding timing. They have a pretty good article on their website explaining knock, how it's normal, and what amount is safe.

Cool, as long as its normal I trust em! Ill probably pay for one tune adaptation once I am back home just to be safe and make sure tune is happy with my car and gas!

ce4

Ready to race!
been searching but no luck to my answer...

If I unmarry my AP with Stratified Tunes from the car, does it remove all tunes and return back to stock?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
been searching but no luck to my answer...

If I unmarry my AP with Stratified Tunes from the car, does it remove all tunes and return back to stock?

Yup, it'll go to the last known stock configuration.