GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone tried Unitronic DSG software

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Not on a Mk6, on a Mk5. Nice and smooth... I liked it. Ultimately went with HPA due to them being local and their files being modifications of your car's own instead of overwrites. Unitronic also did not have files for Mk6 at the time I flashed my DSG.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Would love to hear more about this "overwrite vs modding" OE files. Isn't it the same thing?

FamousEric

Ready to race!
i'm pretty sure there aren't a whole lot of people that know how to write their own program. probably pretty limited to VW.

i'd be willing to guess that any program you buy is a modification of the OE program. it'd be a waste of time to put time and money in to something that's already there... (reinventing the wheel?)

da_wesmeista

Passed Driver's Ed
I should be getting my ghl exhaust in next week. After I install it I'll be heading up to San Antonio to get Uni stage 2 engine and dsg tuning. I'll make a thread with my impressions since just like you I haven't heard much about it.

Edvis

Ready to race!
I'm kinda interested in DSG tune too but it's hard to decide. I wish they did like a trial so you could try it out or put out videos or something comparing stock dsg with tuned dsg to make the decision easier.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Uni software comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. Not quite a "trial" but if you don't like it you can get your DSG returned to factory spec.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
agree with the last three comments.....there is a chance I may get flashed in early Jan before the sale ends but I'd like to see someone do it first of course lol. I think its prob not that big a deal but worth it driveability wise. Another member on here might go me to RAI....trying to keep in touch.....so we'll see. Just got a lot going on this month so it'll have to be between Jan 9th and the 15th.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Would love to know how Uni does this! The "other" DSG flash (HPA), the dealer "reads" your DSG coding, modify it, then returns it to you to have it loaded. Min 30 minute turn around time.
Uni states that the process is just a quick 10-15 minute flash.

Hey Uni, Is there only one program you install regardless of the coding that is in our trans ECU? In searching other forums and Google, it seems that "they" have multiple different flashes depending on the coding in each car. Just wondering.

Alik4041

Habibi!
Would love to know how Uni does this! The "other" DSG flash (HPA), the dealer "reads" your DSG coding, modify it, then returns it to you to have it loaded. Min 30 minute turn around time.
Uni states that the process is just a quick 10-15 minute flash.

Hey Uni, Is there only one program you install regardless of the coding that is in our trans ECU? In searching other forums and Google, it seems that "they" have multiple different flashes depending on the coding in each car. Just wondering.

That's right. Each flash is associated with the TCU ID & #. The revisions are usually updated if there's a newer revision. There's a great amount of different TCU IDs believe it or not.

I prefer the HPA route because it's modified to your driving. The software adapts to the customer, not the other way around.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Are there any videos out there with a difference or at least a view of what the software adds/chagnes to the DSG experience. I'd love a DSG flash but I'm already pushing my luck with my APR flash on my 2012.. dealer is going to really give me the cold shoulder after both, lol.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion

Dave,

All of our software is specific to the ECU/TCU Family, ECU/TCU ID, Software Number, and Revision. In some cases, a Unitronic performance file for your specific ECU/TCU ID may not be available to our dealer network on our database. A simple read and file request submission from your local dealer will get the job done in an instance like that.