GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Outlines MKVII Golf/GTI/GTD(?) Timeline

Uberryan

Banned
I also will be travelling too Germany end of september. So when you see a Golf GTI with Dutch licence plates (yellow) going extremely fast on the Autobahn, it is probably me :)

Extremely fast before chipping comes out for the MK7 platform? Lies.

That's the only thing I'm not anxious for, the tuning and parts manufacturing wait time, as I'm planning to get one summer of 2014 if all goes according to plan. It was easier with the MK5-MK6 transition, as a lot of the parts on the MKV will bolt on to the MK6 without much of an issue. Assuming you had a TSI on the MKV, or in regards to a downpipe and the CCTA builds.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I think we need to merge the 3+ threads on the same exact topic now...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
RIGHT MEOW?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
It receives a new 222bhp version of the Audi developed EA888 turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder direct injection petrol engine.

Hmmmm........

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
"At the Paris motor show on 27 September, Volkswagen plans to preview the new Golf GTi. It receives a new 222bhp version of the Audi developed EA888 turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder direct injection petrol engine."

well, there you go.... all the rumors of 260hp GTi?? :lol:

I reserve judgement until further notice, considering the source.....

chilli42

Ready to race!
"At the Paris motor show on 27 September, Volkswagen plans to preview the new Golf GTi. It receives a new 222bhp version of the Audi developed EA888 turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder direct injection petrol engine."

Source would seem pretty solid to me. There are a lot of specific data/details in the article that would be weird to put out there just for the rumor mill.

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion

Anyone who truly thought the MKVII was going to have 260hp was...naively optimistic.