GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Outlines MKVII Golf/GTI/GTD(?) Timeline

sitechris

Passed Driver's Ed
My source is the largest German car magazine. Unfortunately, the article is in German. See http://www.autobild.de/artikel/vw-golf-vii-gti-2013-vorschau-1823376.html

I used Google to translate it.

Never in Wolfsburg so much effort in the development of a vehicle was operated as the VW Golf VII Since 2007, designers, technicians and engineers tinker with the seventh generation of the bestseller, which we expect to end 2012. Golf fans who do not want to go down into the ground, must wait another year - then comes the new GTI. Its seventh branch is our Spy hunters moved in front of the lens. The new GTI is 70 kg lighter and with some 220 ​​hp more than before. Therefore, consumption is projected to fall by 15 percent to 6.2 liters on average. Prices are rising to 800 euro to 28500 euro. Wolfsburg celebrates the premiere in autumn 2013 at the IAA in Frankfurt.

Also, the civilian version of the Golf VII is part of our Spy Gallery. Under the freshly drawn in the form of sheet metal lies a completely new platform with a lot of tech - including plug-in hybrid (combined with TSI petrol, about 50 kilometers purely electric drive) and full electric propulsion. The conventional units have displacements from 1.2 to 2.0 liters. New to the program of the three-cylinder diesel engine and a new top-TDI come with about 200 hp. In addition, the Golf VII will be premium features such as cruise control and have a distance more modern assistance systems.

sitechris

Passed Driver's Ed
Another German car magazine:
http://www.autozeitung.de/auto-neuheiten/vw-golf-vii-2012-gti-erlkoenig-nuerburgring-kompaktklasse

Again i used Google Translate :)

In September 2012 to celebrate the Paris Motor Show 2012, the new Volkswagen Golf VII to its world premiere and it is already clear that the new compact car from Wolfsburg is one of the most important innovations of the year. Yet 2012, the new Golf as a three and five-door begins with the usual suspects under the hood, but also the fans of a bit more power does not have to wait long.

VW Golf VII 2012: Spy shows the new Golf GTI at the Nürburgring
Already in spring 2013 launch of the new VW Golf GTI and of course this is also GTI-generation are among the sportiest vehicles of its class. Responsible for the further increase in performance on the one hand is due to the modular transverse matrix (MQB) fell by more than 50 kilograms in weight, on the other hand, the GTI number 7 again gets more power than the current generation.

The well-known already from other series EA888 engine sends the Golf 7 GTI whopping 220 horsepower to the front wheels and drives the sporty compact in 6.7 seconds expected to highway speed - two tenths faster than before. Also more power, the new VW Golf GTD, which probably comes with 185 hp and in everyday life receives little slower than the GTI should be.

For people with very heavy foot on the accelerator in Wolfsburg is also a GTI Performance Package prepared that will even offer 230 horsepower and comes with a more sporty-tuned suspension - and of course also gets the VW Golf R a successor, the slightly more than the current generation fails with 270 hp.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Looks like still nothing confirmed by VW. I do like their renderings though

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
More projections :(. Hurry up with the press release VW!

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Looks like still nothing confirmed by VW. I do like their renderings though

Agreed. It's fun to speculate but I don't believe anything until the manufacture makes a public press release.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
If the above is true... they upped the diesel power to 180, and the gasser to 220 :eek:

If the GTD will get here this will become an impossible choice :( I want the Mk 7 GTI but the mk 7 GTD is a more sensible choice :(

Uberryan

Banned
The German magazines (and especially the big publishers) are generally 99% reliable in these kinds of scoops, so bet your money on it :)

You're still riding a 1% chance of the numbers being completely unreliable. I doubt they've drafted more than a handful of design concepts for the next R, let alone planned the power it'll put down. Car and Driver is typically extremely reliable here, and their numbers have been off in the past.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I doubt they've drafted more than a handful of design concepts for the next R, let alone planned the power it'll put down.

With the next gen Golf/GTI going into production soon, (assuming there will be a next gen R) I'm sure VW is further along with the R than more than a few design concepts. They would have to be....