GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grambles Hella Functional (Part Deux)

Noize

Go Kart Champion
lol As much as I like the offers (Cause I do), I'm really thinking of sticking with this raffle idea. Its a way for me to give back to everyone and boost the morale around here, cause we certainly need it.

So far I'm finding an entire S3/Golf R setup (Hoses included) for 350 ish. Sell the APR IC for $425 and Offset the cost and give one member an extremely amazing deal.

Would you link me that info?

So far I have this: http://keffervwparts.com/vwparts/?searchText=1K0145803BP&action=searchAllCatalogs&siteid=216177

I just need to know what else I'll need for it to be plug and play (hose kit, etc).

Thanks for your time!

I want to go R, because I think it'll be the most lightweight option out there and still be a big improvement over stock. I just don't want a lot of weight gain in the nose of a FWD car.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I'm going to use the RANDBETWEEN function on excel to narrow down a list. :)

tampa_mk5

zungguzungguguzungguzeng
I'll pile on :p A certain Twintercooler that has been passed around + 1 S3 IC + the stock hoses I cut. You can run the Forge and S3 and when it comes time to trade sell the Forge :thumbsup: logistics would be crazy as these are both our dailies.

McQueen77

Banned
So Gramles, having been there and done that, what are your thoughts/pros & cons being back on stock airbox? Still stage 2 or back on 1?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
So Gramles, having been there and done that, what are your thoughts/pros & cons being back on stock airbox? Still stage 2 or back on 1?

Personally, I don't miss it. I'm very particular with my car and notice the extraneous details, but dare I say..............I hardly recognize a difference. With K04 it was noticeable. So noticeable that it pained me enough to throw it back on. I do feel a smaller sensation at upper RPMs due to the restriction.

Less noise. Maybe a decrease in spool time. But the throttle still feels crisp.

I'm currently Stage 2 but will go back down to Stage 1 when I get a stock CBFA down pipe.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Hey man throw me in the raffle. I can send you my S3 IC with cut hoses in exchange for the APR IC + cash (as long as it comes with hoses, too). Let me know if you could work this, given it's your daily (my GTI is my daily, too, but I can work around having it out-of-commission for a while).

butchered by autocorrect

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
No more offers. I'm gonna place an order for a Golf R IC. Install it. Then start this raffle.

I figure it will be something fun for the forum. :)

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
No more offers. I'm gonna place an order for a Golf R IC. Install it. Then start this raffle.

I figure it will be something fun for the forum. :)

McQueen77

Banned
Personally, I don't miss it. I'm very particular with my car and notice the extraneous details, but dare I say..............I hardly recognize a difference. With K04 it was noticeable. So noticeable that it pained me enough to throw it back on. I do feel a smaller sensation at upper RPMs due to the restriction.

Less noise. Maybe a decrease in spool time. But the throttle still feels crisp.

I'm currently Stage 2 but will go back down to Stage 1 when I get a stock CBFA down pipe.

Im just saying, i love how this stuff comes full circle, the way it did for me. Bottom line is that on a k03 turbo with stage 1, even stage 2, intakes are hadrly better than a drop-in filter. With stage 3 or k04, the intake is essential

I agree and can relate about being sensitive to the small feel relted details with the car. With intake, the car just lost a good deal of refinement for me and felt i dont know, a little rough and ragged. Feels like stock air with baffle gone and drop-in solves my only real gripe all along which was the need for better throttle response and a little more flow resulting in quicker spool and a little more turbo sound.. Crious to know what drop-in you end up going with.

Last edited: