GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grambles Hella Functional (Part Deux)

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Not that I want to ruin the opportunity to get my hands on this, but why would you even go back to the S3 if you're going to return it to stock eventually? or is stock IC completely out of the question? Have you considered the Golf R IC?

Just getting rid of parts for the most part and going back to OEM. I've considered keeping it just for the shear fact of NEEDING it in the summers, but a smaller IC could suffice.

I've considered OEM + Godspeed V1.
I've considered OEM and deal with heat soak on Stage 1
I've considered S3
I've considered Keeping the APR

:iono:

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I did a bunch of reading on the Golf R IC vs S3... I'm not sure how much of it was actually conclusive--it was a lot of hearsay.

D Darko

Ready to race!
Honestly G, the OEM one is not TERRIBLE. Seen 2 summers on it (Stg1 and Stg2 respectively). As a Daily it's fine, but my summers prob aren't as bad or long as yours either.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I finished off a summer when I first got it (July '11) and it wasnt TOO bad, but still noticeable.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Now that summer is coming around Michigan I'm noticing just a bit of heat soak on my S3 IC. But with 23C weather I still see 26C IAT's on the move. It does its job.

butchered by autocorrect

A_Bowers

Honestly under stage 1 I never saw the need to replace my stock IC and San Diego is pretty warm most of the time.

San Diego is no where near the temps we see here.
100+ degree days plus 96% humidity.

SUCKS!!!

McQueen77

Banned
Honestly G, the OEM one is not TERRIBLE. Seen 2 summers on it (Stg1 and Stg2 respectively). As a Daily it's fine, but my summers prob aren't as bad or long as yours either.

Summers get pretty sweltering here, but nothing compared to the South and so far my stock IC has been just ok during the summer. Ive considered upgrading for sure..

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Trade for Godspeed V2 (eurojet knockoff) with hoses/adapter and I pay shipping for the APR to here? Been running on for a year and a half and almost 30000 miles with no issues! I'm sure these posts are getting annoying...I'll stop.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
You could cut OEM hoses to fit the S3 IC. If you're okay with that, you could ask whomever you sell it to to include those.

Noize

Go Kart Champion
Haha, I want to be in on the APR IC at raffle price.
I'll even drive down to pick it up, and would love to assist on your install swap so I can learn for when it comes time to do my car.

If that doesn't work out (what am I, 5th on the list? lol), I'm leaning R Intercooler.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
lol As much as I like the offers (Cause I do), I'm really thinking of sticking with this raffle idea. Its a way for me to give back to everyone and boost the morale around here, cause we certainly need it.

So far I'm finding an entire S3/Golf R setup (Hoses included) for 350 ish. Sell the APR IC for $425 and Offset the cost and give one member an extremely amazing deal.