GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by TheCastle

1. T

Title question!

I just purchased a car in April from Arizona and registered it in Texas. It was a pain in the ass. You'll need an original title, a 130-u form, and to run the vin to get standard presumptive value... I also just sold a motorcycle and signed the title and turned it over to a guy this week...
  2. T

Another K04 owner parting out!

All, I've got a few parts left from my K04 build that I haven't been able to sell locally yet. Price DROPS! 1) Authentic VAG COM (Ross Tech) Cable $200 + shipping - SOLD 2) Stock Throttle Body and Turbo Outlet pipes - $10 each + shipping 3) Performance by IE Valve Spring Kit (for weak valve...
  3. T

Deadly Kentucky Train Crash With Toyota Camry

It's no surprise the Camry didn't make it. It's a known factory defect here every Camry comes with a broken acellerator peddle. Have you seen a Camry driver attempt a freeway merge?
  4. T

So, how do you guys sell heavily modified cars?

Agreed. Frankly so long as folks stay away from the usually questionable visual mods (visual mods are rarely universally appealing). I have had no problem finding takers for my k04 GTI. The dealers offer my kbb trade in value for the car. Seems fine to me. Also return a car to stock while...
  5. T

Valve Springs in Houston?

I have a 2011 GTI with a K04 and weak valve springs. I'm looking for a place that can replace my valve springs for a reasonable price. I already have a set of IE valve springs, I just need someone to install them. European Legacy was clueless and wanted $2500 for the JOB (customer provided...
  6. T

Stock for Stock, Evo X more reliable than MK6 GTI?

I suppose some of this is luck of the draw too. I know this isn't the exact comparision. I've had Mitsubishi eclipse Gsx in the past and a GTI. My GTI has been more reliable than my gsx was and my GTI and WRX were about equal reliability. So I have a good GTI, with no mechanical issues. But...
  7. T

Golf R intercooler and AWE Hose Kit

I have a Golf R intercooler and AWE Hose Kit with 1 t-bolt clamp for sale. The intercooler and hose kit are in perfect condition, and have about 15,000 miles on them. I will sell both the intercooler and hoses for $300 shipped. The hoses include the coupler for the stock top, not pictured...
  8. T

Wtb apr intercooler

As the title says id like to buy an apr ic and hoses.
  9. T

Wtb unibrace ub

Looking for a used unibrace ub. Will accept reasonable offers.
  10. T

In-depth APR K04 V3 Software Review

I'm posting my in-depth review here instead of the other thread as anyone who is interested in finding a review in that thread would have to dig through literally hundreds of off topic posts to find a single review. I thought this would be more helpful for folks who are on the fence about APR's...
  11. T

Torco octane booster any frequent or long term users

As the title says I'm looking for everyone's experiences have been using Torco long term or often on their gti? Any issues any detectable build up of mmt? I just mixed a 32 oz bottle with a tank of 93 octane gas for about 100 octane. Switched my apr ko4 to 100 octane mode and logged it. It...
  12. T

100+ octane pump fuel in houston

As the title name implies, I'm looking for where I can purchase 100+ octane pump fuel in the Houston area. I've been looking to try out my 100 octane tune.
  13. T

Golf R vs Scirocco

Ah, They liked it becasue 1) the Scirocco R was faster 0-60 and 1/4 mile, 2) the Scirocco R weighs 300lbs less, 3) Scirocco R out handled the Golf R in every objective test. Basically at the Golf R stock power levels the awd adds weight, adds drive line friction and doesn't improve performance...
  14. T

Neuspeed Throttle Body pipe VS Carbonio stage 2

I have a pretty maxed out K04 setup and I was wondering which one would you guys buy either a Neuspeed TB pipe or Carbonio stage 2? Which gives me more bang for the buck, or does neither one really make any difference and I should save up for a big turbo! Current MODs include APR K04 V2.0, APR...
  15. T

EA888 Gen 3 now on sale in GLI/Beetle

According to car and driver the north american version of the EA888 Gen 3 engines will start appearing this month in the GLI/Beetle http://blog.caranddriver.com/volkswagen-gives-beetle-turbo-and-jetta-gli-bumps-in-efficiency-power-for-2013/ So if you're gonna buy a GLI I would probably wait...