GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Johnny Two Tone

Fixing Headlight Beam Pattern?

Is there a way to fix the beam pattern on a set of bi-xenon headlights? A few years ago I bought a set of Ed's aftermarket bi-xenon headlights. Everything worked out just fine as far as installing them and getting them programmed went. But, I never really did a proper adjustment on them - I...
  2. Johnny Two Tone

Noob Fuel Filter Question

I'm kinda' scratching my head at the moment. I was told I needed a new fuel filter by the dealer during my last oil change, but I told them I'd be doing it myself. I went online, looked up my car on part-site lists, then picked what seemed like the appropriate fuel filter. When I took out the...
  3. Johnny Two Tone

Easy To Add Fog To Ed's Tails?

If I were to buy a set of Ed's R-Tails for my Golf how hard would it be to change out the left side's reverse light for a red LED bulb to make it a rear fog light (I have the proper light switch and VagCom). Ed said that it is doable but he didn't get back to me on how difficult it is or where...
  4. Johnny Two Tone

Wow, No Hub Centric Ring = Bad!

I slapped my new wheels/tires on today but it turned out the the hub centric rings I got are the wrong size (even though I double checked the sizing before hand... hmm... more investigating needed). I put the wheels on without the rings since even sites selling wheels say that the rings don't...
  5. Johnny Two Tone

Just So You Guys Know All AM 2012 Window Switches DO NOT WORK

!Service Bulletin! I just want to put out a warning to anyone with a 2012 or newer model Golf/GTI/R that all of those aftermarket ("AM") window switches that you see on any parts site, eBay, etc DO NOT WORK with your car. Here is a listing for an OEM 2012 (June 2012 and newer) window switch...
  6. Johnny Two Tone

Big Vag-Com Question About RCD-510

I'm, right now, sitting in my car with Vag-Com hooked up and I'm going through the Radio coding options. There's a ton of things to play around with but I don't know what half of it really does. Here are some examples: -Under Byte 1 there is a drop down menu that gives you choices forwhat...
  7. Johnny Two Tone

Genuine Leather Center Armrest "Upgrade" DIY

Well, howdy y'all! Recently I largely dismantled the interior of my car for stereo wiring purposes and realized that while I have everything apart I might as well try something I wanted to add to my car - a genuine leather armrest. Personally, I don't like leather seats. I don't like them so...
  8. Johnny Two Tone

Does Removing The Seats And Then Starting The Car...

...make the air bag system throw an error code? 'Cause that, apparently, is what happened to me. I removed my driver and passenger seats to install a bunch of wiring, reinstalled/plugged back in the driver's seat, but turned on the car before plugging the passenger's seat back in an the MFD...
  9. Johnny Two Tone

Do The JL Audio Stealth Boxes Fit The 2012?

I've been looking at stealth style side mounted sub boxes and can currently get a JL Sub with a nice discount. JL Audio makes those "Stealthboxes" for VW Golfs/GTIs but 1)Their site simply says "2006-up", so I have no definitive confirmation on if that "up" goes to 2012 and 2)technically their...
  10. Johnny Two Tone

Will A 2011 Haynes Repair Manual Apply To My 2012?

I REALLY want a full repair manual for my 2012 Golf but Haynes only has up to 2011. Since the 2011 Golf SEEMS damn near identical to the 2012 does that mean that the 2011 manual should be perfectly compatible with 2012 repairs?
  11. Johnny Two Tone

If You Want To Deaden The Front Door's Outer Skins Of A 2012...

...don't!! My God. Tonight I applied sound deadener to the inside of driver's side exterior door skin and it was a nightmare. Taking off any of the door cards is fairly easy. Taking off the rear door center molded card (the center frame piece which holds the window regulator) is also not the...
  12. Johnny Two Tone

Is The A Front Grill Difference Between '11 And '12 Golfs?

I'm looking to change out my 2012's front, upper grill from the standard one to a honeycomb badgeless grill. I've found a seller that sells what I want but while the page says it's good for 2010 and up, the actual car compatibility list (which includes multiple VWs) only shows 2010 and 2011...
  13. Johnny Two Tone

What's With The Almost Complete Lack Of Interior Molding Options?

Hey, how come it's so rare to find interior molding options for the Golf/GTI? There's, like, two. Though, there are two super expensive ones at ECS Tuning for the R model (they have R badging on them making them a non-option for other MKVIs), the only real options are the (also expensive)...
  14. Johnny Two Tone

True Honeycomb, Badgeless Grill For 2012 Golf?

I'm looking to add my final exterior trim piece to my car - a honeycomb style badgeless upper grill. The problem is I'm having a hard time finding the real deal. Most of the ones you can get are the GTI-with-red-stripes style. Others claim to be honeycomb but when you look closely you see...
  15. Johnny Two Tone

All Black Wheel Caps?

Does anyone know if there are fully black VW wheel caps available anywhere? I have the standard silver on black ones that come with most VW cars, but I want all black ones and I don't really feel like painting mine (though, I will if I have to). Are there any places that sell these?
  16. Johnny Two Tone

Is There A Rear Cup Holder Accessory?

On ECS Tuning's "center cosole" section they have for sale a "center armrest retrofit kit" that includes a fold down cup holder for the rear passengers' use, rather than the standard cubby thing that comes with the car. Is just the fold down rear cup holder piece something that someone can buy...
  17. Johnny Two Tone

Window Removal On 2012

[This thread is mostly a repeat of my 'door skin removal' thread but this title in this forum may garner a more direct response.] Does anyone know how to remove the rear door windows on, specifically, the 2012 Golf? In every previous year there were 10mm bolts that were accessed through little...
  18. Johnny Two Tone

How Can I Sound Deaden The Exterior Door Skin?

I'm attempting to get sound deadener on the inside of the exterior door skin of my 2012 Golf but since VW started welding that skin on (instead of bolting it on like previous years) I have to remove the plastic middle door panel (the piece holding the window regulator). I've checked out this...
  19. Johnny Two Tone

Conclusion On Best Knock Off Head-Unit?

I've tried scouring the interwebs to find any final conclusion on which knock off head unit, equivalent to the RNS-510 or better, is the best but most threads are so old they certainly aren't relevant anymore. Is there one single "best" RNS-510 knock that has all of the real deal's features (or...
  20. Johnny Two Tone

Okay, What In The #$@% (Antenna Related)

Today I got the "Dual Fakra" antenna adapter that was recommended on this site for aftermarket decks in our cars. ...Only, it wasn't the right adapter... If you look here you can see Metra's supposed "dual fakra" adapter. Notice that the model number is 40-EU56. It clearly has a little box...