GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Bluesy

DIY: TSI Water Pump Replacement

yep I have one of those but they’re for filling, you can’t use them to drain fluid. Everyone seemed to think you should put water in and flush out the water, but then you can’t really get all the water out unless you tear the whole system apart again. As discussed, simply disconnecting the lower...
  2. Bluesy

any concerns with the final mixture being too diluted if you’re not able to drain all the water out? Guess you just have to guess and dilute the coolant a bit less when you’re finished flushing everything. I’m surprised there’s not some special tool for this. Can’t imagine vw techs run water...
  3. Bluesy

thanks but I decided to just leave the old belt on. It looked ok. One other question regarding flushing the system - how are we supposed to do a flush with these cars as there doesn’t seem to be a way to completely drain the system? Removing the rad hose only drains a portion of the coolant...
  4. Bluesy

Also, is it possible to replace the thermostat while doing this without removing the manifold? edit: nvrm I think I realized the thermostat already is in the water pump. The one I bought has it installed.
  5. Bluesy

Doing this myself and everything has been very straight forward up until I try to get the new belt on. Does anyone have any answers to this? I can’t seem to loosen the nut, definitely can’t fit a socket on it, and I can’t just slide the belt between the gap, the belt is too thick. What am I missing?
  6. Bluesy

Water Pump Question

This is perfect, thanks for the input everyone!
  7. Bluesy

Water Pump Question

Hi everyone, quick question on a water pump replacement I'm going to have to do (just over 100k miles so I'm likely not covered by the settlement......). Searched around but couldn't find an answer, feel free to post a link to another thread if this is an old question. Was looking at the kit...
  8. Bluesy

F/S - OEM Detroit Wheels w/ Tires (Excellent Condition)

SOLD I have a set of OEM Detroit wheels for sale. Tphey have the stock Dunlop all season tires on them, but they are almost worn out. You could get another few thousand miles out of them but I would recommend new tires sooner rather than later. I will get pictures of the tread up as soon as...
  9. Bluesy

Blizzack Tires and Steel Wheels (Winter Set-Up)

***SOLD*** For sale is a full set of steel wheels with Bridgestone Blizzack tires. I used the tires/wheels for one winter (2013-2014) so the tread is still very good. These easily have another 2 seasons on them, maybe more. I can't recall the exact mileage on them, but I believe it's around...
  10. Bluesy

Ford releases factory tune w/ warranty for Focus ST

Lol you're good, that's just the theme of the forum around here. Whenever us GTI owners are jealous about something from another car, our argument is "but the interior" lol.
  11. Bluesy

That is the one I test drove as well (minus the leather). I would say that interior has more bells and whistles for sure compared to the middle level GTI, but IMO it's about even compared to the autobahn. Don't you agree though on the focus being more cramped? It sure seemed like there wasn't...
  12. Bluesy

What does the ST3 trim level have? Recaros and the touch screen premium radio? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. Bluesy

I was semi joking about the interior haha, but it is probably a bit more luxurious to be honest. When I was deciding between the gti and the focus st about 8 months ago, I thought the ST felt a bit cramped inside. The recaros were a bit too much of a bolster for a daily driver, and the ST...
  14. Bluesy

But our interior.... Seriously though, I kinda want to see a Stage 2 GTI vs. an ST with this tune. Price seems about the same for the two.
  15. Bluesy

Odd Whine Noise When Accelerating

Lately I've been noticing this odd noise when cruising on the interstate and when I get on the gas at interstate speeds. The noise almost sounds like a suction of some sort or almost like a supercharger whine. I'm thinking it has to be a vacuum leak or something with the turbo. I usually don't...
  16. Bluesy

GTI vs. Chrystler 200S

Got a buddy at work who has a 2013 Chrysler 200S and we were talking cars today. I mentioned I was thinking about going stage 1 and he jokingly said "then you'll be able to keep up with me ;)" I know those cars have a decent amount of hp and torque but it's a V6 also so I don't know what the...
  17. Bluesy

WTB Talladegas

No longer looking to buy. Thank you. Looking to buy Talladega wheels from a Golf R. -Prefer wheels to be in good to excellent condition. -Tires with decent tread on them is a big plus. -Not interested in black powder-coated. Please post or PM with any offers. Thank you.
  18. Bluesy

Detail Cart

For those of you who care, Lowe's had a sale on a pretty nice tool cart made by Kobalt. It was on sale for $59.95 I believe, which is a heck of a deal considering the price of carts that are similar to this. Usually they're upwards of $80. This is all metal construction as well. The metal is a...
  19. Bluesy

Seat Steam Clean (Lots of Pics)

Welcome everyone, relatively new member here. Thought I would share some of my results from this weekend after steam cleaning/shampooing (whatever you prefer to call it) my front seats in my mk6. Ended up using the Bissell ProHeat carpet cleaner, not the mini hand held one they make. The...