GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. McSwine

FS: Audiosources ANS-810 headunit

In excellent used condition. Was used less than a year and was replaced with an Eonon I thought might be better, but frankly was not as good (as evidenced by it burning itself up). I replaced the Eonon unit with the stock radio before selling my GTI. Unit comes with the nav antenna and FM...
  2. McSwine

Tangent: My Dad's New Car :)

Stunning. It looks a lot smaller than I expected.
  3. McSwine

Radio code

This may should go in the in the In car entertainment forum, but I'm posting here for more traffic... Can anyone tell me how to find out my radio code (RCD-310)? I called the dealer and they gave me a 4 digit number. Does that sound right? Seems like the RCD-510 I installed had more numbers...
  4. McSwine

what do you pay for insurance

$275 every 6 months...53 and a clean driving record. :)
  5. McSwine

Instrument lights

I have a 2012 base GTI. Are the instrument lights supposed to come on if the light switch is "off"? Early in the morning when it's in between dark and light, my instrument lights don't come on unless I turn my headlights on. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting I'm missing out...
  6. McSwine

the old & the new

Here's a couple of pics I took today of my '67 Bug and '12 GTI. I bought the GTI a week ago Friday and I freaking love it. It's a stripper 4 door...not options whatsoever. I've had a number of VW's over the years; a 1981 Scirocco, the first '83 GTi in the state of Arkansas, and a '97 Jetta...
  7. McSwine

RCD-510

I'm looking to replace the RCD-310 in my 2012 GTI with the RCD-510. I've done a search, but can't seem to find out what I need to know... Does the outermost trim that surrounds the 510 come in different colors? The trim on my 310 is black, but the 510's I'm looking at on eBay seem to be gray...
  8. McSwine

Long time lurker, new owner

What's up? I picked up a 2012 "stripper" model today (4 dr/manual); no options whatsoever. I've got a Sirius question...does the base model display not show the artist and or song title? I probably should RTFM before posting, but I'm looking for immediate gratification.
  9. McSwine

heat/air conditioner

Does anyone have an opinion on the heat and A/C? I've done a search and can't really find anything bad, so I guess that's good. It gets pretty hot and humid here in Arkansas, so good A/C is a must.