GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

9W7 Bluetooth module

woofie2

Ready to race!
I'm willing to bet for the RCD you access the phone through the MFI not the radio. That's how the 9W3 works, and if I understand 9W7 it's just 9W3+9W2. SO no dialing actual numbers, but who does that nowadays anyway. You press phone, and the menu comes up Phone Book - Recent Calls - Missed Calls and then you navigate using steering wheel controls.

You are correct, the 9w7 and 9w3 work the same in that respect, but if you have the overhead control buttons (OEM bluetooth buttons) the 9w7 will work with those where as the 9w3 will not.

so you do not have to have the MFSW to use the Voice command functions of the bluetooth.

nuc

Ready to race!
I just ordered one today and expect it to arrive in about 3 weeks to Canada. I don't have access to vagcam just yet but will post pics, info, etc once it arrives.

w0000000

woofie2

Ready to race!
Has any one got one from him? He answered my email, but I would rather wait until someone has them on ebay so at least I can get the ebay fraud protection and see some feedback.
I got mine from him plugged it in and it worked great, it is a full VW 9w7 module,.

then I found this guy -
http://www.mfd3.com/2010/07/new-oem-9w7-bluetooth-module/
I have ordered from FlyTDIguy previously, and he is a good seller. (he has the complete install kits for retrofits, too)

MK05-HJ09

Ready to race!
At those prices, the 9W7 is pretty appealing, I wish I could dial out / see who was calling without looking at my phone. I thought that the Nav. would almost certainly come with 9W3, but I was wrong, still have 9W2. It's not terrible, the bluetooth audio streaming is cool with Pandora, but I'd love to be able to fully utilize all functions of the bluetooth/phone.

SVTunit

Ready to race!
Just got mine today. :happyanim: Easy install on a RCD-510! How long did it take for your phone book to download? I have a droid and it kept on stopping :( Any help would be appreciated!
Andreas

Orient Express

Ready to race!
Has any one got one from him? He answered my email, but I would rather wait until someone has them on ebay so at least I can get the ebay fraud protection and see some feedback.

I ordered one from him, it took about 3 weeks to get it, and everything worked fine.

SteveZ1

***** Sponsor
I think I am the "him"

If you are worried about ebay protection, check out my ebay user ID

Its' "eurobuyers"

I have a 100% prefect feedback score earned by selling hundreds of items over a 10 year period :)

If you also see the post on vortex by now many people have posted positive feedback as well as people on tdiclub

I'd be glad to answer any questions you have :)

Cheers,

Steve

bmwz1@earthlink.net