GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

9W7 Bluetooth module

svik

I own a 2010 Golf TDI without navigation. I took out the 2w7 and installed the 9w7.
It works very good.
The question I have is about the green/brown light on the three button console close to the sunroof: with the new 9w7 the light does not come on anymore.
Do I need to do something with the vag com? If so, where do I find somebody with this device?
thanks!

snofrandy

Ready to race!
I own a 2010 Golf TDI without navigation. I took out the 2w7 and installed the 9w7.
It works very good.
The question I have is about the green/brown light on the three button console close to the sunroof: with the new 9w7 the light does not come on anymore.
Do I need to do something with the vag com? If so, where do I find somebody with this device?
thanks!

I don't find a need for the green/brown light since I installed the 9W7 because it shows in MFD that my phone is "Connecting" and "Connected" and most of the time, my MFD is now in the Phone part.

Personal opinion

SteveZ1

***** Sponsor
Hello JAck,

To ne honest on your question , I have no idea what your 9W3 is worth. You need to check what they have sold for on this website, vwvortex and or ebay.

Hope this helps,

Steve

What can I get for my 9W3? I want to sell it before I buy a 9W7.

Jack

pvivino

Ready to race!
I cannot imagine that a 9w3 module is worth much. The only people that would want it are owners of 9w2 that want music streaming but don't want to pay for 9w7 or people who have a broken 9w3 module that is out of warranty. My guess is $25-50. It might be worth more in a few years if people start breaking them out of warranty. I just put mine on a shelf in the garage with other spare parts.

Dana @ Ross-Tech

Ready to race!
It works very good.
thanks!

No, the 2011 with the factory 9W7 still have the overhead console, but the light is not operational. Meaning that's normal and nothing's wrong. ;)

MattTheCarNut

Ready to race!
F the 9W7. When are we getting the ability to send/receive text messages!?!? If Ford can do it..... =)

zee

Go Kart Champion
F the 9W7. When are we getting the ability to send/receive text messages!?!? If Ford can do it..... =)

It exists and is called the 9WZ unit.

9W2 - A2dp Bluetooth music streaming without phonebook integration.
9W3 - Phonebook integration.
9W7 - Phonebook and bluetooth music (9W2 + 9W3)
9WZ - Phonebook, bluetooth music, adds rsap profile and text messages(read and write). (9W7 + text messaging)

GDOGGTI

Go Kart Champion
It exists and is called the 9WZ unit.

9W2 - A2dp Bluetooth music streaming without phonebook integration.
9W3 - Phonebook integration.
9W7 - Phonebook and bluetooth music (9W2 + 9W3)
9WZ - Phonebook, bluetooth music, adds rsap profile and text messages(read and write). (9W7 + text messaging)

can we install the 9WZ in the mk6?? how much would it cost? thats sick haha

zee

Go Kart Champion
can we install the 9WZ in the mk6?? how much would it cost? thats sick haha

PN # 3C8 035 730 A. I have seen a few sell for US$350-500. The text only works on the RNS-510 unit though. Text message input does not work on the MFD.

GDOGGTI

Go Kart Champion
PN # 3C8 035 730 A. I have seen a few sell for US$350-500. The text only works on the RNS-510 unit though. Text message input does not work on the MFD.

:O That is definitely not as expensive as I thought it would be.. Maybe after I get some coils, flash, and LED tails I'll look into this

Thanks for the info bubuski

snofrandy

Ready to race!
Plus 9WZ will only work w/ phones that are rSAP capable. A lot of phones in NA are not rSAP capable yet. Even HFP mode doesn't work on some phones.

zee

Go Kart Champion
Plus 9WZ will only work w/ phones that are rSAP capable. A lot of phones in NA are not rSAP capable yet. Even HFP mode doesn't work on some phones.

It supports both. rSAP phone is not required, but text feature will be disabled on non-rsap phones.