GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Intercooler installed -but what is this?

Brexin

Ready to race!
As i said in an earlier post, i had the same issue. APR asked me to send them pictures of how i fixed the issue but they haven't did anything with them (as far as i can tell) so....here you go! Any questions hit me up. OH, and remember to get metric bolts, just take the original APR bolt to a bolt store and they'll give you the right stuff, i didn't and failed the first attempt at a fix.

[/url] The Culprit by Brexxin, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url] IC Against Radiator by Brexxin, on Flickr[/IMG]

Stock Gap Example by Brexxin, on Flickr

Shows That Bolt is Too Short by Brexxin, on Flickr

1 Inch Bolt Without Spacers by Brexxin, on Flickr

1 Inch Bolt With Spacers by Brexxin, on Flickr

Full Install Gap by Brexxin, on Flickr
[/url] Full Install Gap 2 by Brexxin, on Flickr[/IMG]

Brexin

Ready to race!
And technically i used 6 washers. On the last picture you can see i added one on the radiator side but didn't when i originally sized up the 5 washers.

Bcon

Ready to race!
Thanks for posting the pics Brexin!

Brexin

Ready to race!
Thanks for posting the pics Brexin!

No problem. once in flickr you can right click the pic to see larger views (if you or others reading this didn't know).

SetInMotion

Passed Driver's Ed
It's weird, because the sensor on my radiator was definitely thinner than that. I was able to get away with 3 washers and I used the APR bolts. I also had to trim a little plastic off the core support where the tubular end of the AC condenser sits at the top near the hood, although that might not apply to MK6's.

mlody91

Ready to race!
OP, any issues with the intercooler not allowing your CAI to be properly bolted to the air vent? I have about an inch gap between my carbonio intake and the air vent in the grille and it's throwing a P0101 code. Wondering if you ran into the same issue.

Brexin

Ready to race!
OP, any issues with the intercooler not allowing your CAI to be properly bolted to the air vent? I have about an inch gap between my carbonio intake and the air vent in the grille and it's throwing a P0101 code. Wondering if you ran into the same issue.

Did you just install the intake for the first time?

Butchered by auto-correct using a battery draining Note 2.

mlody91

Ready to race!
Did you just install the intake for the first time?

No it was already installed a while back ago. Had to disconnect it to take off the grill, bumper, etc. and then when I tried to bolt it back on the intercooler pushed a/c fan assembly an inch far back that I can't connect it back to the air vent.

Brexin

Ready to race!
No it was already installed a while back ago. Had to disconnect it to take off the grill, bumper, etc. and then when I tried to bolt it back on the intercooler pushed a/c fan assembly an inch far back that I can't connect it back to the air vent.

So you installed the intercooler and Now it won't go back on?

mlody91

Ready to race!
So you installed the intercooler and Now it won't go back on?

Yes, it's pushing the a/c fan assembly and radiator back about an inch and now the carbonio won't bolt back on. Any help? I'm hoping gorilla tape is not my only option.

Brexin

Ready to race!
By far back I'm assuming you mean the space is too scrunched for the intake. Slide the hoses on further. Wait one I'll take a picture of mine

Brexin

Ready to race!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377132448708.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377132448708.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 274
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377132460144.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377132460144.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 268

mlody91

Ready to race!
I wish it were that easy but if you look at the carbonio shell, it dips a bit before it connects to the air vent and sits snuggly on top of the A/c fan assembly. Because of this slight dip, sliding the hoses won't do me any good. I'll see if I can take a picture tomorrow before work.

mlody91

Ready to race!
Ok so I woke up a bit late and didn't have time to take any pics, but I have about explained it as best I can. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Bcon

Ready to race!
Ok so I woke up a bit late and didn't have time to take any pics, but I have about explained it as best I can. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Sorry, haven't checked the forum for a bit.

I'm still running the stock intake, so I can't help with the Carbonio. I didn't have any issues with the fit of the stock intake.