GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Intercooler installed -but what is this?

Brexin

Ready to race!
Ok so I woke up a bit late and didn't have time to take any pics, but I have about explained it as best I can. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Were you able to fix this issue? If so, how did you do it?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
Old thread, but my car (2011 cbfa gti) is in the shop right now getting SPM IC and APR K04 installed. Mine has the sensor and the guys ran into problems when spacing the radiator. Luckily they have stock radiators lying around so they are going to replace the radiator and see if APR can fix the cel in the tune. Best fix to have everything fit properly if you ask me.

Bcon

Ready to race!
Old thread, but my car (2011 cbfa gti) is in the shop right now getting SPM IC and APR K04 installed. Mine has the sensor and the guys ran into problems when spacing the radiator. Luckily they have stock radiators lying around so they are going to replace the radiator and see if APR can fix the cel in the tune. Best fix to have everything fit properly if you ask me.

What kind of problem? It's really no big deal to space it back a bit, the larger intercooler already moves the radiator back further than stock. There's still room available.

I'm sure APR can block the code within the tune, it's just a matter of getting their time. I asked, but don't have the clout that one of their dealers would. :)

Utah Beast Mode

Ready to race!
I installed an SPM Intercooler last week and couldn't line up the Intercooler to AC Condenser bracket fittings because of this sensor. I removed the sensor so that the intercoooler could sit flush against the radiator.(I thought it was an air temp sensor and mounted to the front of the AC Condenser). But I have the CEL Code "Direct Ozone Reduction Catalyst Temperature Sensor Circuit High".

I don't think this would affect performance in any way, but how can I permanently dismiss the CEL? (Vagcom or Tune?)

Thanks,

Noe

Utah Beast Mode

Ready to race!
^^^^Bump. Any help?

Shore GTI

Ready to race!
I read that guys are not removing the sensor during installation.
They are making room for the sensor, by using washers/spacers & leaving it in place.

Last edited:

Utah Beast Mode

Ready to race!
I removed mine to make room. It was a to tight of a fit. Can't put it back in now

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I'll bump this up I guess... I installed my intercooler back in 2011, and didn't even take notice of this sensor. I would get the code about twice per summer. Never in the winter. Around February I hit some wood on the road and ended up replacing a bunch of parts in the front end (core support, condensor, etc.). I figured I'd check this out while I was in there, and it was TIGHT. At the time I really didn't worry about it as I only got the code about twice a summer.

Well, now I'm getting it quite often. The light really didn't bother me at first. I would just clear it when it came on, but waiting 2 days for the car to adapt every time I clear the codes sucks, and then the CEL comes back on after a week or two. So then I was just leaving it on...well then it clears itself after a few days.

Never had a problem with performance with this until yesterday. I noticed I was making 2-3psi less than usual. Came home, did a pressure test and couldn't find anything, I was stumped. This morning I was driving to work and same thing, lower boost than usual. Then it hit me to check the codes. I had a pending P2568, but no CEL lit. I cleared the codes (this is all while driving BTW), and BOOM, full boost again.

Long story short, I should have spaced it when I had the chance...I didn't. Clearly something has worn by it being in constant contact with the intercooler for 3 years. There is no way in hell I'm paying $250 for a new radiator because of this sensor.

So do we have options? Code it out in the tune (hello APR!)? Can we do the resistor trick like we used to in the 1.8t days? Buy the sensor seperately?

I've looked for the sensor alone, and haven't found anything. I have dug deep into it yet, but I'd like to find some diagrams and maybe see what the sensor is supposed to see and what the ECU wants to see. It's only a 2 wire sensor, so it shouldn't really be overly difficult to trick it.

Any thoughts?

Sorry for the book...

cailean

sensor for ozone reducing radiatator identification

i have a 2012 CBFA and just installed a Neuspeed FMIC along with TOP and air charge pipes last weekend. I've been getting low coolant warning and also the P2568 code and Sensor for Ozone Reducing Radiator Identification.

I didn't remove the stock IC, so I don't think it's exactly the same problem, but i"m wondering if the Neuspeed is causing issues with the sensor on the radiator.

My coolant has been going low a lot lately, so I'm actually thinking it may be something else... Did anyone have coolant issues at the same time as this error?

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
i have a 2012 CBFA and just installed a Neuspeed FMIC along with TOP and air charge pipes last weekend. I've been getting low coolant warning and also the P2568 code and Sensor for Ozone Reducing Radiator Identification.

I didn't remove the stock IC, so I don't think it's exactly the same problem, but i"m wondering if the Neuspeed is causing issues with the sensor on the radiator.

My coolant has been going low a lot lately, so I'm actually thinking it may be something else... Did anyone have coolant issues at the same time as this error?

Do you have a stock Downpipe?...and low coolant is probably the waterpump. The fact you are getting a CEL might be coincidental.