GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

-=AudiTTim TDI Build=-

AudiTTim

Ready to race!
No. It's actually increased significantly. ~+6mpg however I've had a difficult time keeping my foot off the pedal...

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
No. It's actually increased significantly. ~+6mpg however I've had a difficult time keeping my foot off the pedal...

Standard with a DPF delete.

The reason why is during regen the car actually dumps more fuel into the exhaust stroke to increase the heat in the exhaust.

Ain't emissions laws grand?

Isj

Go Kart Champion
Do you have vag-com? IF you do, you mind running the readiness test after a drive? I want to see if any of the monitors are not ready.

AudiTTim

Ready to race!
Do you have vag-com? IF you do, you mind running the readiness test after a drive? I want to see if any of the monitors are not ready.

I do and I will check it for you. Going to do some logs today. Also see how much boost its pushing.

lissav

Ready to race!
no its due to both. Less restriction + no extra fuel injected for regens.

Thanks for the info.
I was thinking of doing the tune and just the first part ( down pipe dpf delete)
once my warranty is up. Mainly concerned with gas mileage.

Isj

Go Kart Champion
Well also less restriction. I mean look at all the crap that was behind that turbo!

Awesome, I've been trying to get answers for weeks but Malone hasn't responded and none of the brands that sell DPF delete knew what a readiness test is.

quality_sound

hmm.......
How do you like the K-Sports? I had a set on my 07 GTI and I hated them. They were great on the track but I was never able to get them anywhere near acceptable for daily driving.

Car looks great and sounds even better! I'll be picking up a 4-door BGM 6MT TDI this week!

AudiTTim

Ready to race!
How do you like the K-Sports? I had a set on my 07 GTI and I hated them. They were great on the track but I was never able to get them anywhere near acceptable for daily driving.

Car looks great and sounds even better! I'll be picking up a 4-door BGM 6MT TDI this week!

Congrats on the new ride!
I am loving the k-sports. Great adjustment, super comfy ride quality, pretty damn low.. as low as I would ever want to be, and they still ride great.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Sweet I was finally able to look at the vids once I got home.

Curious at the in car video as well. Also I wonder what will happen at your dealer next time you're there.

Do you know what happens with the EGR during these tunes/downpipes?

Any CEL lights or any other warning lights?

Any drivability concerns? I noticed in your vids you tend to give it gas abruptly when you back up... is that just to show off the sound or is the car kind of stalling?

AudiTTim

Ready to race!
Sweet I was finally able to look at the vids once I got home.

Curious at the in car video as well. Also I wonder what will happen at your dealer next time you're there.

Do you know what happens with the EGR during these tunes/downpipes?

Any CEL lights or any other warning lights?

Any drivability concerns? I noticed in your vids you tend to give it gas abruptly when you back up... is that just to show off the sound or is the car kind of stalling?

My friend who works at the VW dealer did the work for me. I know most of the techs at the dealerships around here. I'm not worried about it. The rear egr is blocked off with a plate that comes with the downpipe. The rest of the egr system is still functional. No cel lights whatsoever. Checked even with vag com and absolutely nothing.

The car drives much better in my opinion. It's much easier to start off from a stop as there is just so much torque. The reason I keep giving it tiny revvs is because it sounds BADASS. seriously, you guys need to hear this thing in person. It sounds like a little semi truck at idle and the turbo whistle is amazing to play with. I will take interior video and outside video with iPhone as it picks up whistle better.