GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED Tails, and why you should get them.

Evil Genius

Ready to race!
I sit mine in the corner of the garage and yell at them from time to time, reminding them of how ugly and boring they are, and that they were a mistake and never should have existed in the first place..... sometimes, a little tear droplet rolls down the side of the glass.

Hahahahaha :clap:

mayham85

Passed Driver's Ed
i love my stock and standart equipment :p led tails :)

emk6

Ready to race!
after viewing so many threads on these LED tails, I might just have to pull the trigger on a set after getting a tune.

the tinted ones look real good on a CSG. haven't seen the cherry one on a CSG yet.

shredX

Ready to race!
Two questions.

1. Are most of the cars in this thread tinted or non tinted versioins? I have CSG with 20% tint on the windows. Not sure if the tinted version would keep the back end too dark. I'm not into blacking out or debadging. Just want it to look nice and OEM.

2. Is is lame to drop the coin on these, but have the base hallogen headlamps. That's my only "speedbump" when considering the purchase.

Thanks in advance!

chino246

Ready to race!
Here's my Black GTI with Tinted tails and the lights off. I don't think it's too dark. Cherry would have looked to red IMO. I also have a Base GTI

Attachments

• GTI.jpg
    GTI.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 441

chino246

Ready to race!
2. Is is lame to drop the coin on these, but have the base hallogen headlamps. That's my only "speedbump" when considering the purchase.

I hope not cuz I just did!! lol No, but I do plan on upgrading the headlamps to the Xenon Reps

shredX

Ready to race!
Here's my Black GTI with Tinted tails and the lights off. I don't think it's too dark. Cherry would have looked to red IMO. I also have a Base GTI

I like that you can still see some red w/o the lights on.

Was concerned it would just look like I had cheesy "GTO" covers on.

Thanks!

Eswin17

Ready to race!
Two questions.

1. Are most of the cars in this thread tinted or non tinted versioins? I have CSG with 20% tint on the windows. Not sure if the tinted version would keep the back end too dark. I'm not into blacking out or debadging. Just want it to look nice and OEM.

Thanks in advance!

Most people have the tinted LED tail lights. The 'Cherry Red' ones are extremely red...and look a little off in my opinion. I think the tinted ones shouldn't even be called tinted...it is sort of a mislabel.

I have halogen headlights still. I did not factor them into the decision at all to go with LED tail lights. While I might get HID housings eventually, I don't think it looks 'cheap' to have halogens in the front. Certainly not ideal, but not cheap.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Most people have the tinted LED tail lights. The 'Cherry Red' ones are extremely red...and look a little off in my opinion. I think the tinted ones shouldn't even be called tinted...it is sort of a mislabel.

I have halogen headlights still. I did not factor them into the decision at all to go with LED tail lights. While I might get HID housings eventually, I don't think it looks 'cheap' to have halogens in the front. Certainly not ideal, but not cheap.

Yeah, when I first pulled my tinted out of the box, I figured I was going to have to get more tint applied to them. My stockers had laminx on them, so was used to pretty dark. But I like the way they are now.

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
I have yet to see these in person!

probably for the better so I can keep the $700 in my pocket for the mean time...

definitely do want though