GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 GTI vs Civic SI 2012!

josuar88

Ready to race!
Nice toys and interior stuff but with the ass end of a camry and a face only a drunk mother could love I'm not a fan I would pick the 11s over this one if I had to chose but I don't thats why I have a gti.

abusive

The '12 is a big loss on the looks front and I think the 2.4L motor is way too "pedestrian" considering the heritage of the car. It's just like how the 1.8T and 2.0T motors always feel more aggressive and "fun" than the VR6s and the manual is more fun than the DSG, even if it's technically slower. The 06-11 Civic Si's were great cars, but like most great cars, the marketing department of it's maker has a really hard time not messing with things.

eclipseguy

Ready to race!
Out of the box stock for stock
1/4 same
Interior Gti> si
Handling Gti> si
Reliability si>Gti
Resale value Gti>si
The si is still new so we dunno how much it will make/cost to go faster

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
What do I think??

I think this sounds like another lame bench racing thread.

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
Out of the box stock for stock
1/4 same
Interior Gti> si
Handling Gti> si
Reliability si>Gti
Resale value Gti>si
The si is still new so we dunno how much it will make/cost to go faster

If its the K24 that was rumored to be thrown in there, probably a good bit.

I used to have a 2007 Si before my GTI and the rumors and reports on the new generation were coming out saying the exhaust manifold is cast into the head of the car. Meaning that headers/turbo manifolds are going to require a new head before they can be replaced which is a huge restriction on them.

Ronkerjake

Ready to race!
the i-MID also includes a unique power monitor mode, which shows current engine output as a percentage of peak horsepower.

This is silly. Probably just shows 201hp when you have your foot down to the floor.

CaptObvious75

Ready to race!
i'd take a slightly used 2010 or 2011 SI over the new ones. 2.4L with only 1 cam that has VTEC... not realy what i would call an engineering feat that the Si was always supposed to represent in terms of NA performance/fun...

From what i have heard.... it seems like that echaust manifold is integrated into the block as well. What a joke

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
This right here is really sad.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
When I opened this thread to view the last post I thought "wow, a Camry. thought this was a Civic thread". Then scrolled down to see an actual Camry then realized what I first saw was the Civic :(

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
Because we all know what can happen if we don't closely monitor all 201 hp and 170 lb-ft of torque in this high performance beast.