GOLFMKV

Mk6 GTI vs Civic SI 2012!

Ronkerjake

Ready to race!
looks like its riding on 185mm donuts

Ronkerjake

Ready to race!
might be a little early to judge these.

Meh, it's probably going to be no faster than the k20 version. Rev limiter is lower and only has like, what, 4 more hp? Probably weighs more now too.

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
wow 3 more hp, and the same amount of torque found in a regular golf.
The gti's power is also underrated, its atleast 210 hp just like the one in europe, add stage 1 and you're looking at 250 hp and 300 torque.

the golf actually has 177 lb ft of torque.

mortis

Ready to race!
I like the I-VTEC gauge so you can see when the VTEC kicks in.

Reminds me of K.I.T.T.

Ronkerjake

Ready to race!
They have a VTEC light because you're not going to feel the difference.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
They don't even offer any good looking OEM head-lights(HIDs?)/tail-lights for a premium :p

Ugly looking car...

dwp2

Ready to race!
Honda has been going down hill since the late 90's. They used to make some fun cars like the prelude and crx. I dunno, the Fit might be their best car now.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
The new SI is uglier and perhaps lighter than our GTI but if Honda wants to keep up on the market with Vdub either stops the joke with their cross breed conscious /performance SI or get a Turbo..
The GTI is what you want!

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
I used to have a 2007 Si before my GTI and the rumors and reports on the new generation were coming out saying the exhaust manifold is cast into the head of the car. Meaning that headers/turbo manifolds are going to require a new head before they can be replaced which is a huge restriction on them.

if this is the case there is a big possibility of this car being a major flop for honda enthusiasts