GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Offical Making Big Power/Big Turbo Thread

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
Almost 2 years later and still no news about this... I guess they must have dropped the idea along the way...

That was a cool thread by the way.. It would be nice to update the info on first page..

Because UNI is smart here , they didn't forget there bread and butter core business plan of performance SW to get bogged down and put to much resources in Hardware R&D. .

When and if there ready they will get BT kit it out.

BTW there other good options BT kit available shoot Arnold @PPT email or like posted earlier Ed@FFE for a wilder setup. Lol Bob G

Because UNI is smart here , they didn't forget there bread and butter core business plan of performance SW to get bogged down and put to much resources in Hardware R&D. .

When and if there ready they will get BT kit it out.

BTW there other good options BT kit available shoot Arnold @PPT email or like posted earlier Ed@FFE for a wilder setup. Lol Bob G

Wasnt Ziad one of the first one l, at least online, with a big turbo set up on the TSI... All that money spent trying different set up a d adjusting tune, I guess they were not that far of from it but you are right only a handful people will ever buy the kit and they would not make any profit from it beside branding benefits...

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
Wasnt Ziad one of the first one l, at least online, with a big turbo set up on the TSI... All that money spent trying different set up a d adjusting tune, I guess they were not that far of from it but you are right only a handful people will ever buy the kit and they would not make any profit from it beside branding benefits...

Like I was back in FSI one of the first customer BT back in 07, it was tougher because the big change from MPI to DI engines there was alot of unknown , I wasted ALOT of money too lol .

I will pick wisely from years of experience in the vag market and slower with proven Hardware and SW this time with the my TSI it will be my 3rd vag BT car . Bob G

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
Bob, you are completely incorrect about this.

You've been around long enough to know that Uni simply buys canned tunes off Frieling Racing in SA and modifies them for the market. IIRC Mike Z is gone from Uni as well now.

Any company can say that they have a BT kit "coming" . . . as far as I'm concerned, it's a unicorn until it finally hits the market. (which it won't)

Dave I wasn't endorsing or judging UNI tunes, I have no first hand experience and never been in a car that had a UNI sw.

Im just simply pointing out that I thought it was a better business plan to stick with SW and not tie the company up on BT kit. Bob G

Bob, you are completely incorrect about this.

You've been around long enough to know that Uni simply buys canned tunes off Frieling Racing in SA and modifies them for the market. IIRC Mike Z is gone from Uni as well now.

Any company can say that they have a BT kit "coming" . . . as far as I'm concerned, it's a unicorn until it finally hits the market. (which it won't)

Thanks for that I didn't know about Frieling Racing, I have learned something today ;)

shadowmk6

this is awesome im loving all of the information on the forum. im looking at going straight from oem to a gt28 setup this winter. this wont be my first build so hopfully itll keep up with expectations

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
this is awesome im loving all of the information on the forum. im looking at going straight from oem to a gt28 setup this winter. this wont be my first build so hopfully itll keep up with expectations

I would go with a gtx. A gt28rs doesn't make much power

shadowmk6

ya im starting to see this from reading around and talking with u-20t
ive started to look into gtx's or possiably a 5858 still not sure how far i wana bring this thing though as it was suppose to just be a daily for another project haha.

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
so theoretically id be fine running stock internals/fueling and can push around 330ish whp on 91 with w/m with:
gt3076r Sidewinder setup
Arm FMIC
Maestro or Uni tune
UM dsg tune
aquamist w/m
Custom CAI
HPA Intake manifold
full 3 inch exhaust

I figure i can put this kit together and run it for a while and save up for internals and additional fueling. id like to lsd swap the dsg as well as long as i stop spending money on the exterior LOL

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
so theoretically id be fine running stock internals/fueling and can push around 330ish whp on 91 with w/m with:
gt3076r Sidewinder setup
Arm FMIC
Maestro or Uni tune
UM dsg tune
aquamist w/m
Custom CAI
HPA Intake manifold
full 3 inch exhaust

I figure i can put this kit together and run it for a while and save up for internals and additional fueling. id like to lsd swap the dsg as well as long as i stop spending money on the exterior LOL

If you want to get crazy I have an awd dsg with uni software. Stage 3 good for 600hp.