GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Matt's Mk6 GTI

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
This car is gorgeous. :drool:

I really like the look of a bagged GTI with the Detroit rims.

Dope build thread Matt! :headbang:

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I'm getting anxious about getting wheels but it does look pretty sweet dumped on Detroits for now

I went through all the pages and though the low bagged thing is not my type of thing, I do admire the hard work and fact your keeping the car so clean in the process. Very Nice.

Just Curious what you guys do for work out there in LA? My ex wife by court order gets my mod money every month haha :yikes:

Such is life.

Doing a great job!! Would love to have a VW Club down here where I am would be nice to just have a group like that.

Jeff

Imperial Valley is like Mexico basically, yeah? You should drive up for a cruise sometime, we're not that far away.

I currently work in insurance but I'm also an undergraduate. Sorry your ex is a bitch, I'm taking advantage of being divorced in obvious ways hahaha

But thanks, I do try to keep it clean. I know it looks all stancey on the ground but I do air up to a functional level and actually drive it still!

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Yes Imperial Valley's AKA is "Northern Mexico" haha.

Thanks for the invite, would love to head up there sometime, where are you guys at? I see allot of Santa Monica stuff in the photos. My Mom grew up in Venice Beach area, Home for me is Ventura area, but have lived down here for a bit now.

No VW clubs in my area that I am aware of..I was thinking of starting one. My Dad has his "OG" 1960 Bug Convertable and my GTI to start.

Dads 60 Bug

[/URL][/IMG]

My GTI minus the OEM LED Tails

[/URL][/IMG]

I wanted to have just a VW club, anyone with a VW of any year could come, stock, modified, drag car anything VW. Do charity events, all kinds of cool stuff. Something I have been wanting to do, but never got around to doing in my past cars.

Your GTI is very nice, Good Job with it :thumbsup:

Jeff

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Yes Imperial Valley's AKA is "Northern Mexico" haha.

Thanks for the invite, would love to head up there sometime, where are you guys at? I see allot of Santa Monica stuff in the photos. My Mom grew up in Venice Beach area, Home for me is Ventura area, but have lived down here for a bit now.

No VW clubs in my area that I am aware of..I was thinking of starting one. My Dad has his "OG" 1960 Bug Convertable and my GTI to start.

I wanted to have just a VW club, anyone with a VW of any year could come, stock, modified, drag car anything VW. Do charity events, all kinds of cool stuff. Something I have been wanting to do, but never got around to doing in my past cars.

Your GTI is very nice, Good Job with it :thumbsup:

Jeff

Beautiful cars man, especially that Bug! I'm in the San Fernando Valley and most of the events and meets I go to are in or around the area. There's a show in Woodland Hills this Sunday, for instance:
http://www.motor4toys.com

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
So last week I experienced some bad misfiring, had to get a tow to the dealer and they subsequently found debris in one of my intake valves, which was keeping it open. Thankfully I parked it right away so it didn't cause any serious internal damage, and VW ended up covering it under my powertrain warranty. But it was painful to see my car on the back of a flatbed

But I got it back this past weekend and it's running as smooth as ever, even in this stupid So Cal rain

Last edited:

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
That stupid rain makes for a sexy pic :wub:

Hahaha thanks bud! I was cool with it the first day (in that pic), but rain retardifies people on the freeway. Traffic's been miserable this week

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Went out to the Supercar Sunday Motor 4 Toys show in Woodland Hills this past weekend. Here was the entire VW turnout, minus Bernie's TDI, amongst hundreds of other cars:

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
I finally bought some wheels, just gotta pick them up and make them fit now [emoji7]

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Oh lawd. Congrats man. I love these wheels on our cars.

Thanks brotha! I've always loved these wheels and the fitment should be a little aggressive, I can't wait to get them on

Here they are on my buddy's car though

Last edited:

1slow_gti

Ready to race!
Subd!!!

1slow_gti

Ready to race!
Curious? How does your rear sir so low? I'm aired out and mine doesn't sit that low? Granted though I'm on spacers. Rears are hitting my fenders when aired out. Might be the reason now that I think about it lol

Great build!