GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

kern417

Go Kart Champion
yeah that clip is pretty flimsy. i bent it back into place with 2 fingers while messing with everything and was able to get it to hold. i guess with everything under compression it's less likely to come loose but this was my fuckup in the end

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
there's a guy selling his stage 3 kit on fb for $2500 i believe. i'd pull the trigger on that. you can make good usable power and have a lot of room to grow. i'm not a big fan of the f23t either. while the numbers are impressive, moving the power up top instead of increasing the spike down low will make more, safer, usable power and is plenty of fun.

plus you don't have to spend all the money up front. get a tune and a boost controller and you can bump it up yourself as you go (i.e. adding fueling, building motor, etc.)

That's not a bad idea. If I had the cash I would. But certainly something to look out for when the time comes.

And I saw your head on FB, shits crazy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
there's a guy selling his stage 3 kit on fb for $2500 i believe. i'd pull the trigger on that. you can make good usable power and have a lot of room to grow. i'm not a big fan of the f23t either. while the numbers are impressive, moving the power up top instead of increasing the spike down low will make more, safer, usable power and is plenty of fun.

plus you don't have to spend all the money up front. get a tune and a boost controller and you can bump it up yourself as you go (i.e. adding fueling, building motor, etc.)

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Theres a company in south africa that's been developing a fix for failures like this. I've been in contact with them about having mine done when they move to start production but it sounds like they're still a few months out

have hat that same picture now since 2015

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Ok officially looking for help.

So cars been down for the winter while I worked on various things, I start it up after about 2 months of sitting and injector one is flooding the cylinder. Spark plugs drenched, lambda control at-25%, smells like straight gas, and tons of cylinder 1 misfires.

I've replaced the injectors (LDK from LNF) the coilpacks and the spark plugs. Harness is seeing consistent power and no shorts I can see or find with a meter. Compression is 115 to 120 across the board. I've ordered a leakdown tester, so I'll know more once I get it.

The only other thing I can think of is ecu. I've had 3 different bench flashes from 3 different tuners, so it's possible it's giving issues but don't want to go down that road till I've checked everything else out. Anyone had to deal with replacing an ecu? I assume find a same box code , and immobilizer defeat.

Any advice?

Last edited:

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Short will do it. And 115 is way low, spec is 160 min my mkv and mk6 both were 180 all across 1psi here or there

? Min spec is 7 bar or 101psi. This is also cold without the engine running prior to so no oil to help seal rings?

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
got some bits back from shave/polish/powder...

all hot parts back from ceramic coating today as well. no pics of those yet tho. wrapping them in ptp lava wrap!

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
got some bits back from shave/polish/powder...

all hot parts back from ceramic coating today as well. no pics of those yet tho. wrapping them in ptp lava wrap!

Don you should really get a photo of your car / engine bay up here so people can see the gold/black batman theme....

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
Don you should really get a photo of your car / engine bay up here so people can see the gold/black batman theme....

will do!

So this is me... (obv engine bay pics are before this whole top mounted
turbo project). sorry for the pic bomb but tried for the minimalist full tour lol.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
^WOW! Can't say I'm surprised since Batman ALWAYS has the coolest toys! This thing is badass. Very well done man.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Short will do it. And 115 is way low, spec is 160 min my mkv and mk6 both were 180 all across 1psi here or there

? Min spec is 7 bar or 101psi. This is also cold without the engine running prior to so no oil to help seal rings?

mine was also 120s and ran fine. we'll see what it's at after the refresh but 120 should be ok imo. Not perfect but not failing.