GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

brobst

Go Kart Champion
S2 Dynamics in Rockville, MD. I believe it was around $200 but I'll confirm. Probably 2 hours of work. Lift the car, remove axle, disconnect the rest of the small stuff in between you and the turbo, unscrew the 2 bolts holding the old WG, put the new one on and everything back together.

Ask for Pat. He's done a lot of work on my car so maybe he was letting me off easier.
You need an alignment after that?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

FriggenT1

Banned
S2 Dynamics in Rockville, MD. I believe it was around $200 but I'll confirm. Probably 2 hours of work. Lift the car, remove axle, disconnect the rest of the small stuff in between you and the turbo, unscrew the 2 bolts holding the old WG, put the new one on and everything back together.

Ask for Pat. He's done a lot of work on my car so maybe he was letting me off easier.

Hmmm, if I decide not to do it, I'll give them a call, thanks for thee info.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
We are working hard getting revisions and maps out to everyone as quickly as possible. At the same time, rushing this kind of work is never a good thing so I do apologize for some of the delayed updates.

UberFast

Ready to race!
We are working hard getting revisions and maps out to everyone as quickly as possible. At the same time, rushing this kind of work is never a good thing so I do apologize for some of the delayed updates.
You can't rush perfection. Keep up the good work! I ordered a fuel pump Alex. Should be here this weekend.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
You can't rush perfection. Keep up the good work! I ordered a fuel pump Alex. Should be here this weekend.

Glad to hear this! I am seeing quite a bit of discrepancy from car to car in terms of fuel delivery. Some vehicles have a good amount of heardroom for fuel while others really struggle with covering even what is needed for a bolted K03.

UberFast

Ready to race!
Glad to hear this! I am seeing quite a bit of discrepancy from car to car in terms of fuel delivery. Some vehicles have a good amount of heardroom for fuel while others really struggle with covering even what is needed for a bolted K03.
That's strange, I would assume it has to be a mechanical problem with the pump or filter. Our fuel system should support power levels above k04 if working properly correct?

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
That's strange, I would assume it has to be a mechanical problem with the pump or filter. Our fuel system should support power levels above k04 if working properly correct?

I believe you'll be limited by the fuel injectors bigger than K04 and needing additional flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FriggenT1

Banned

More carbon build up on some injectors? Leaking hpfp's?

Gino

Ready to race!
Got hit with my second iteration of the tune. Already took logs and got them sent back. With the tunes to come am I suppose to still be doing 40+ miles in advance to logging? I am hoping nothing is wrong with my fuel system. Injectors were replaced at 67k miles, HPFP at 84.5k miles, and the LPFP at 87k. I know for a fact the 91 octane here in California sucks. Crap fuel was part of the reason I decided to go with a meth set up.

FriggenT1

Banned
Got hit with my second iteration of the tune. Already took logs and got them sent back. With the tunes to come am I suppose to still be doing 40+ miles in advance to logging? I am hoping nothing is wrong with my fuel system. Injectors were replaced at 67k miles, HPFP at 84.5k miles, and the LPFP at 87k. I know for a fact the 91 octane here in California sucks. Crap fuel was part of the reason I decided to go with a meth set up.

I assume carbon was done with the injectors?

Gino

Ready to race!
I assume carbon was done with the injectors?

Carbon cleaning was actually done a tad bit sooner than injectors. I like to think I had the best carbon cleaning of all. March 2016 my engine head had been rebuilt due to bent valves caused by a failing tensioner. I was told that they dunked the engine head in some carbon eating tank and that when it was all put back together it looked like a new engine top. Like 2-3 days after getting my car back from the shop that is when my injector got stuck opened. So pretty damn close honestly. Probably not even 200 miles on the clean engine head when this happened.

Last edited:

FriggenT1

Banned
Carbon cleaning was actually done a tad bit sooner than injectors. I like to think I had the best carbon cleaning of all. March 2016 my engine head had been rebuilt due to bent valves caused my a failing tensioner. I was told that they dunked the engine head in some carbon eating tank and that when it was all put back together it looked like a new engine top. Like 2-3 days after getting my car back from the shop that is when my injector got stuck opened. So pretty damn close honestly. Probably not even 200 miles on the clean engine head when this happened.

So that's when you got the new injectors I take it?

Gino

Ready to race!
Yup. New injectors in March 2016 as well. I've put almost 30K miles on them so not so new anymore, but likely better than old revisions haha.

UberFast

Ready to race!
What's everyone's lpfp duty cycle looking like? I'm hitting 92% at wot and leaning out to 12's afr. That's why I'm going to replace the lpfp.

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
fuel quality varies. im willing to bet that is a variable in the discrepant readings they[re seeing.