GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Details on the next gen GTI and GTI-R!

GTI2007

Very nice but I thought that there would also be xenon head lights as option or are they going to be available later

Silver_Z331

I was gonna sell or trade in my 350z and buy an r32, im so glad i saw this thread. Im def gonna wait it out for the GTI-R and if its outrageously priced and i cant afford it then at least i waited for the best version GOLF/GTI to come out,then i'll get rid of my plastic fantastic jap car lol

Last edited:

Purie

Passed Driver's Ed
I really really really like the way this is looking, but I'm gonna hold off on a gti untill I find out if the gti-r is gonna be offered in a manual or not.

Lima1

Passed Driver's Ed

Attachments

• 2398845223.jpg
    2398845223.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 719
  • 2398845441.jpg
    2398845441.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 728
  • 239885524.jpg
    239885524.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 514

fastfan

Oh man... I'm really, really, digging those head lights. Reminds me of the kind of tech NASA would use. And the rear end doesn't look as bad as I thought. The interior comes off as being really sharp to the point where I'm afraid I'll get cut if I touch it. Audi-esqe yet totally german.

Can't wait.:cool:

BTW. I read somewhere about LED light bars appearing either underneath or above the headlamp unit... Was the idea dropped or what?

Last edited:

mikeness

Although I do agree that the death of the VR6 is tragic, as a consumer who is looking for both an everyday driver as well as a track car (I attend lapping days quite often), I am happy to see it go. The last R32 felt amazing in the city. Off the line you felt like you were flying, partially cause the sound was possibly the most pleasing symphony I have every heard. Corners were taken easily and the brakes were awesome. At the same time though, the car felt heavy, and it was. It was more than 100 kg heavier than the GLI. The fact of the matter is that a slightly tuned GTI was quicker in a straight line than that heavy R32. The car felt fast, but it just wasn't fast enough for the price. Being on the track with one, is an even more humbling experience. In the tight corners, although the body roll was slightly excessive, it would make me feel like I had the best car on the track. The minute that a nice long straight away came up though, I was left in the dust.

If the GTI-R is released with the S3 engine as speculated, the car will just be on par, in terms of speed, with the new WRX which is also at 265 bhp. The tuning gains, though, is where an owner can really get the most of his/her car. Unitronic claims that the Stage 2 gains for the S3 result in 340 bhp. Now were talking STI speeds and more. VW has stated constantly that the MKV R32 was not meant to compete with the rally cars like the STI and EVO. It proved difficult, though, to charge nearly the same price as those speed daemons and not even be able to play with them. We are in the middle of a horsepower vs. efficiency war. The engines need to be small, efficient, and need to pump out more power than the competitors. The GTI-R is definitely a step in the right direction for VW. I would never buy a Subaru, but I would hate to constantly be humbled by those pesky rice burners. Good job V-Dub!

imtrbo

Passed Driver's Ed
Could I just ask, does anyone know if they discarded the idea of using LED running lights like those in the Audi?