GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why does the bluetooth call quality in this car suck?

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Ok fellas. You need to Vag com the microphone sensitivity and turn it up to at least +5db.
I did this test and adjusted up and then put it back to -2db which was my default. I had a friend help by calling him and bothering him. I conducted this test on the street and at varying speeds up to about 70mph. Solution is to leave at +5db or higher. We figured we were not raising the sensitivity of the mic, but raising the volume level of noise it would record. So now if I don't speak the caller can not tell i am even on the line because the mic only come on when it detects a louder noise e.g.. your voice instead of the small background noises. Try it out!!

This is a very interesting tip! I'll be testing it for sure in the near future. It got better when I unplugged the sounaktor, but if I can get it even better, I'm all for it!

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
So I checked on this. Microphone sensitivity shows up in 2 places in my car. Under Navigation and under Telephone. I assume it's the one under telephone?

flyguy27

Ready to race!
So I checked on this. Microphone sensitivity shows up in 2 places in my car. Under Navigation and under Telephone. I assume it's the one under telephone?

Yes, it is the one under telephone. I learnt about this from a Touareg or Passat forum (don't remember which) and most people there had different default levels. Some had +2db as default and some had 0db. I had -2db as my default. Let me know how your testing goes.

flyguy27

Ready to race!
I love my bluetooth but i have 2012 so i might have solved issues in mine

Well, I love mine too! I didn't know it sounded like crap to the caller since I was never on the other side calling in to my gti.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Yes, it is the one under telephone. I learnt about this from a Touareg or Passat forum (don't remember which) and most people there had different default levels. Some had +2db as default and some had 0db. I had -2db as my default. Let me know how your testing goes.

Yeah, in telephone my default is 2db. I'll hopefully get a chance to test today.

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
I have a 2010 TDI, and just switched from the 9w2 to the 9w7. Complaints went away after the switch, though I did not change any coding. Could be that the default sensitivity is different between 9w2 and 9w7 models, or that I got sent a bum 9w2 model.

I tried several different phones with the 9w2 (iPhone 4, Moto Electrify, HTC Evo Shift) and all exhibited the same problem, leading me to believe it was the unit/settings and not the phone.

I hope this is of some help to folks.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Anyone else have luck with the microphone adjustment? My 2011 Autobahn BT quality is terrible according to EVERYONE I talk to :( Even driving 35mph.

Kritter1

I have a 2012 GTI and it works great. My fiancé has the 2012 jetta sportswagen 2.5L and it is shit.. Haven't tried adjusting the mic volume setting, but it feels like a bad Bluetooth pairing to me and the only fix is to repair and it's hit or miss. And to top it off a good pairing doesn't even last long. Will try the mic adjustment tonight and update.

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
So complaints are still there after 9w7 switch. Will try the Mic sensitivity tomorrow and report back.

HandGrenade06

Ready to race!
I do have to say if I am going over 75 or so then I do get complaints from the Mrs. Lower speeds its no problem.

Same boat as you Bender

yunone

Ready to race!
Ok fellas. You need to Vag com the microphone sensitivity and turn it up to at least +5db.
I did this test and adjusted up and then put it back to -2db which was my default. I had a friend help by calling him and bothering him. I conducted this test on the street and at varying speeds up to about 70mph. Solution is to leave at +5db or higher. We figured we were not raising the sensitivity of the mic, but raising the volume level of noise it would record. So now if I don't speak the caller can not tell i am even on the line because the mic only come on when it detects a louder noise e.g.. your voice instead of the small background noises. Try it out!!

i went to Electronics 1 > 77 Telephone > and get the following error "no response from controller

so....

I went to Electronics 1 > 37 Navigation > Adaptation 10 > Microphone sensitivity from the drop down ....and my default setting was set to -4DBM

I changed and save to 0 DBM and will post up over the next few days on if it helps other people here me better.

Is it possible there is a calibration that is done and that setting is changed based on the calibration test?

There seems to be a range of values that are stored in the settings by default.

mine is a 20112 autobahn

flyguy27

Ready to race!
i went to Electronics 1 > 77 Telephone > and get the following error "no response from controller

so....

I went to Electronics 1 > 37 Navigation > Adaptation 10 > Microphone sensitivity from the drop down ....and my default setting was set to -4DBM

I changed and save to 0 DBM and will post up over the next few days on if it helps other people here me better.

Is it possible there is a calibration that is done and that setting is changed based on the calibration test?

There seems to be a range of values that are stored in the settings by default.

mine is a 20112 autobahn

I am not certain. Did you have any luck after making adjustments?

yunone

Ready to race!
I am not certain. Did you have any luck after making adjustments?

I would say it reduced the background noise but does make the robot voice or the noise cancellation happen a bit more if i talk too loud...

What i do for work also prevents me from giving accurate results as the quality is different from device to device and i have a new one with new software pretty frequently.

I am going to turn it down to -2 this weekend and see if that is my comfy spot and i will report back.