GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How often (if ever) do you change your tune mode??

Bill Maynard

Hey guys, I went from Stock to Stage II last week. Was driving around and playing this morning and got to thinking "why" and under what conditions would I change from 93 to 91 or stock.

Going to stock would make sense (and locking it out) if I was going to the dealer for something but other than that, why do guys change (if at all??)

Just curious...

GTIProject

Ready to race!
Honestly never changed it since I set it to 93 octane. Plan on switching it to stock and locking it out when I bring it in for the 10k service - but really no reason.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Never change it for my driving yet. However my son is getting his license soon and has eyes on driving it. I may test out the valet feature or at least stock.

mkstan15

Ready to race!
I change mine for scheduled maintenance at the dealer and when using any valet service, i throw it in valet mode.

zanyrsc

Ready to race!
all i have is the 93.makes no sense to me to pay more to have a stock mode if im never going to use it.Now if i was running a stage 3 i would like it to have another mode so when the wife drives it.(by the way she dont know im chip):23: she just thinks the cars soo fast.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
A few years ago when I drove my TT to Denver (where 93 octane is not available) I switched. Also, a lot of us also had to switch to Stock mode to deal with overboost issues at altitude. Not something you'd likely have to do very often, but handy nonetheless.

Last edited:

TomMcD

Ready to race!
A few years ago when I drove my TT to Denver (where 93 octane is not available) I switched. At altitude, a lot of us also had to switch to Stock mode to deal with overboost issues at altitude. Not something you'd likely have to do very often, but handy nonetheless.

Maybe you don't have to deal with it very often....

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
I change mine for scheduled maintenance at the dealer and when using any valet service, i throw it in valet mode.

I wish there was a way of changing modes while driving, because to switch to valet mode before you drop it off you pretty much have to stop before, switch, then drive to the valet.

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
I did once just to see if it made a difference in fuel milage made it about 10 miles stopped and switched it back because I was bored.

ehancock

Ready to race!
I've had to take it in a couple times since buying it, and had issues with misfires, so having the ability to go back to stock has already come in handy. I just bought the "fully loaded" ecu during their sale.

P

plac

havent changed it from 91 in my entire lifetime as far as i can remember. but its nice having stock mode just in case i ever need any warranty work.

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
I have switched from 93 to 91 when 93 octane wasn't available. I switch it back to stock when dropping off at the dealer and I have also tested 100 Octane mode and valet modes. Valet mode not only cuts power, but limits the topend to around 40mph. Definitely not a good idea for use anywhere outside of a parking lot.

Isj

Go Kart Champion
I have switched from 93 to 91 when 93 octane wasn't available. I switch it back to stock when dropping off at the dealer and I have also tested 100 Octane mode and valet modes. Valet mode not only cuts power, but limits the topend to around 40mph. Definitely not a good idea for use anywhere outside of a parking lot.

how did you get all 5 programs?

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
I only change to stock mode when there is snow on the road,and keep it at 93 when roads are clean