GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

funeral1

Ready to race!
After three years of "rocks-in-a-can", I finally got the wastegate clip installed.

Is that the noise you hear when you take off in first gear? Kinda like a ZZZZZ noize?

philly624

Ready to race!
Modshack's intake bracket came in the mail today and I installed it, mahoosive difference, the brake and clutch pedals have stopped vibrating continuousy.

Thanks Steve.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Modshack's intake bracket came in the mail today and I installed it, mahoosive difference, the brake and clutch pedals have stopped vibrating continuousy.

Thanks Steve.

:w00t:...Thank you!

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
Here are the pictures. I did a double layer to make it about the same thickness as the upper strips, which is only really noticeable up close. The first picture also shows the color matched markers that I installed Tuesday night.

Sent via Tapatalk

Telryon

Passed Driver's Ed
Is that the noise you hear when you take off in first gear? Kinda like a ZZZZZ noize?

Yeah. For me it was most noticeable between 1k-3k RPM on a cold engine. It's a known problem with the waste gate, and there's a TSB to get it fixed.

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
Really well! I had one big chunk and a small one. Small one is a lot better. Big one will require more applications and layers I'm betting. It is so deep and won't fill in entirely using just a few applications.

Color match on the smaller chip is about as perfect as I would expect. Very simple and actually fun to use after you get used to trusting that the smeared paint will disappear. Overall very recommended!

Hmmm, I think I may get/do this as well. I have a ding in my right back door from when someone nailed it with their door about 2 weeks after getting my car.

PzKpfw MKVI

After more than six months of fighting rattles in the cabin of my 2012 GTI and over 109 days of shop time I have tossed in the towel. Cabin rattles compounded with customer service issues on both sides as well as damage to my car I sent a certified letter to VW and started the "lemon" process. Only time will tell how this will play out, but I’m not sure if I will take a VW or just get my money back and start shopping. I’m just very disappointed about the whole thing and have always wanted a GTI but not been able to afford one. Now I have one all I want to do is get rid of it….talk about irony.

resilientsoma

Go Kart Champion
How did that Dr Colorchip work out for you? I also have 2 small chips on my hood that I would love to get rid of.

I used dr color chip on my candy white. It's good stuff for sure! Do it. My dad got some for his A4 as well and he loves it. Do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmiw

Go Kart Champion
After more than six months of fighting rattles in the cabin of my 2012 GTI and over 109 days of shop time I have tossed in the towel. Cabin rattles compounded with customer service issues on both sides as well as damage to my car I sent a certified letter to VW and started the "lemon" process. Only time will tell how this will play out, but I’m not sure if I will take a VW or just get my money back and start shopping. I’m just very disappointed about the whole thing and have always wanted a GTI but not been able to afford one. Now I have one all I want to do is get rid of it….talk about irony.

That sucks. :( To be honest, I'm kinda tempted by the GLI. I wonder if a lot of the rattles are because our suspensions aren't really compatible with our crappy roads. I bet European Golfs/GTIs have almost no rattles at all. :cry:

PzKpfw MKVI

That sucks. :( To be honest, I'm kinda tempted by the GLI. I wonder if a lot of the rattles are because our suspensions aren't really compatible with our crappy roads. I bet European Golfs/GTIs have almost no rattles at all. :cry:

GLI looks nice but I have had sevral loaners form them and out the 2012 Jetta estate, four door and the MKV Jetta I would have to say that the MKV was the best in build quality. I got the estate with about 800 miles on it and it to has some of the rattles like my german built GTI. I would be scared to get a GLI and have the same stuff creep up a month later.