GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

tBass84

Ready to race!
Hey everyone,

One of the mods I've been wanting to do for awhile is to upgrade the shift knob. I came across this thread here and love the look of it:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3616710#/forumsite/21302/topics/3616710?page=1

But I haven't managed to find the knob for the life of me lol

Has anyone done the mod and if so any tips on where to get the knob?

Cheers'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
There's no nut for the strut towers. That nut is the OEM (greenish) nut for the the top of the OEM strut:

How everything should look:

Did you install the springs yourself?
Did you use new struts up front? If you used Konis, for example, they come with their own nuts for the struts.

If you see a nut (like in the pic above) you're fine

If the nut wasn't on the strut, you'd have some major issues/noises going on

Thanks for the clarifications... No, didn't install myself, and did new struts (Konis) all around.

I'll check again in a few to see if they're there - thinking since i haven't had noises or major noticeable issues, that they would be.

ImitationMan

Passed Driver's Ed
Ordered a PolarFIS today. I've been watching KermaTDI for 9 months and they finally had a promotion this weekend that could be used to discount the PolarFIS.

MK6 Shizz

Ready to race!
Ordered a PolarFIS today. I've been watching KermaTDI for 9 months and they finally had a promotion this weekend that could be used to discount the PolarFIS.
Please give us a review. I've contemplated this mod for a long time.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the clarifications... No, didn't install myself, and did new struts (Konis) all around.

I'll check again in a few to see if they're there - thinking since i haven't had noises or major noticeable issues, that they would be.

checked it. there is hardware there so this must have been left over from the install, and was a shop oversight.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Was starting the process of rotating tires, started jacking the car up and noticed that my hydraulic jack was damaging the pavement, which was a bit on the warm side. stopped because i dont want to damage anything else. guess i'll rotate on thurs morning when im off again. bought a wheel hanger i want to try out, too. kinda bummed.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Was starting the process of rotating tires, started jacking the car up and noticed that my hydraulic jack was damaging the pavement, which was a bit on the warm side. stopped because i dont want to damage anything else. guess i'll rotate on thurs morning when im off again. bought a wheel hanger i want to try out, too. kinda bummed.

Take her to a lot with shade or something lol.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Brought her over to Drive Auto in Mountainside to get the sudden airbag light reset. Idk why it came on in the first place but Drive is the shit and they didn't charge me for it, AGAIN.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Take her to a lot with shade or something lol.

Yeah not many of those at this time of day. will just have to do it Thursday morning. the lot was in direct sunlight with some shade but not a lot. ground was hot when i got down to line up my jack, should have thought of it then.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Brought her over to Drive Auto in Mountainside to get the sudden airbag light reset. Idk why it came on in the first place but Drive is the shit and they didn't charge me for it, AGAIN.

nice. had one of those when i got my car, the dealer cleared it and haven't seen it since.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
nice. had one of those when i got my car, the dealer cleared it and haven't seen it since.

Nice, I did take the seat out to have some upholstery done a few months back but after that I reset it. Now it came back randomly. Hopefully just a safety interval check up thing.

derek131

Passed Driver's Ed
Not today but over the weekend got alot done to my car :thumbup:
· APR Intercooler
· Stoptech st40 bbk
· Fluidamper pully
· Front and rear APR sway bars
· WALK, White line anti lift kit
· Tyrol sport deadest collar kit for subframe
· Hybrid Stage 2/3++ southbend Enduro clutch kit
All parts installed by gtrkiller with a bit of help from his friends :D
The car has been transformed and it is amazing!