GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Dropped my car off at Excelerate yesterday morning for the KO4/IE manifold install. Apparently I had a broken exhaust manifold stud that was causing a minor exhaust leak. Might explain a few things lol.

Not looking forward to the bill but goddamn I cant wait to drive it. I've been driving around on stock mode for the past 2 weeks so going from stock to KO4 is going to be mind blowing

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Dropped my car off at Excelerate yesterday morning for the KO4/IE manifold install. Apparently I had a broken exhaust manifold stud that was causing a minor exhaust leak. Might explain a few things lol.

Not looking forward to the bill but goddamn I cant wait to drive it. I've been driving around on stock mode for the past 2 weeks so going from stock to KO4 is going to be mind blowing

Excelerate is a great shop. Expensive but worth it for a job like that.

Can't wait to hear your feedback on everything

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Excelerate is a great shop. Expensive but worth it for a job like that.

Can't wait to hear your feedback on everything

Their labor rates have been fairly competitive and they've worked with me on a few projects. A few shops out of state had better deals but the extra hassle just wasn't worth it. I know they won't cut corners on me. After they discovered the broken exhaust stud they're going to replace all the studs going into the head with new bolts to prevent any future exhaust leaks in the future.

Something went wrong with my mechatronic unit when they did my LSD (one of the solenoids tripped causing my car to lose reverse) and they took apart a spare mechatronic unit they had lying around and was able to get it running again and didn't charge me extra for it even though they had to re-drop and disassemble the transmission. Little stuff like that has made me trust them and recommend them to others. Plus Josh, Greg, Justin and the other guys that run that shop are good people and know their stuff. My only complaint is they just suck at doing alignments. I go to SpeedSport for that. Not sure what they do differently but my steering wheel is always off when I go to xlr8 for alignments.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Their labor rates have been fairly competitive and they've worked with me on a few projects. A few shops out of state had better deals but the extra hassle just wasn't worth it. I know they won't cut corners on me. After they discovered the broken exhaust stud they're going to replace all the studs going into the head with new bolts to prevent any future exhaust leaks in the future.

Something went wrong with my mechatronic unit when they did my LSD (one of the solenoids tripped causing my car to lose reverse) and they took apart a spare mechatronic unit they had lying around and was able to get it running again and didn't charge me extra for it even though they had to re-drop and disassemble the transmission. Little stuff like that has made me trust them and recommend them to others. Plus Josh, Greg, Justin and the other guys that run that shop are good people and know their stuff. My only complaint is they just suck at doing alignments. I go to SpeedSport for that. Not sure what they do differently but my steering wheel is always off when I go to xlr8 for alignments.

I literally have nothing bad to say about the work they do. I agree, they know their stuff and do top notch work. They did my clutch install and my timing chain tensioner. I just think that I paid for the premium in the work that they do. And thats not a bad thing; I will just only go there when I need some major maintenance/jobs done that i don't trust any other shops doing.

Oh and i'll go to their cars and coffee because why not? Its an awesome shop.

BTW, do you have certain specs that you try to adhere to with your alignments? For autox reasons? Care if I steal the specs? lol. I know nothing about alignments

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I literally have nothing bad to say about the work they do. I agree, they know their stuff and do top notch work. They did my clutch install and my timing chain tensioner. I just think that I paid for the premium in the work that they do. And thats not a bad thing; I will just only go there when I need some major maintenance/jobs done that i don't trust any other shops doing.

Oh and i'll go to their cars and coffee because why not? Its an awesome shop.

BTW, do you have certain specs that you try to adhere to with your alignments? For autox reasons? Care if I steal the specs? lol. I know nothing about alignments

No secret sauce on the alignment really. I'm pretty much at spec. If I had camber plates I'd try and go a little more negative in the front but I'm happy with the way it sits right now. I believe its -1.9 in the front -1.6 in the rear. Haven't messed with toe at all.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion

I love shops like these. How much u pay for ur exhaust manifold job? I just had my stud break and they had to extract it. Cost me $1700 because they had to drop the front axle to roll the engine forward to get at the stud. They also replaced all my bolts and exhaust gasket.

dcnz

Passed Driver's Ed
Traded the GTI for this:

Completely stock 2010 R.

And I found this in that little compartment in the lower dash by the steering wheel:

Does anyone know what it is?

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Traded the GTI for this:

Completely stock 2010 R.

And I found this in that little compartment in the lower dash by the steering wheel:

Does anyone know what it is?

nice car!

looking like a bluetooth module to allow you to connect phone/media player to radio?

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I love shops like these. How much u pay for ur exhaust manifold job? I just had my stud break and they had to extract it. Cost me $1700 because they had to drop the front axle to roll the engine forward to get at the stud. They also replaced all my bolts and exhaust gasket.

They charged me an additional 3 hours on top of the 6 for the KO4 job to extract the 1 broken stud and replace all the others.

Apparently someone at HPA (or ECS Tuning) dropped my turbo before putting it in the box and bent the flange on the cold side of the turbo. It's minor, but was enough to prevent the adapter from sitting inside the ring. Excelerate didn't want to re-round the inner ring (understandable), so I ended up having to buy a 2nd KO4 from Excelerate that they had off the shelf and they're going to swap the coated/ported hot side onto the new unbent cold side.

After going back and forth with HPA it sounds like they will take the old turbo back, so here's to hoping my KO4 job won't end up costing BT money.

It's also going to drive me nuts that I will have a ported hot side but not a cold side. Ultimately an insignificant detail that I would hardly notice, but it'll still bug me for awhile. Nothing ever seems to go perfect with car projects even when you pay a professional. Oh well...at least I get to keep my ceramic coated hot side.

In other news, I bought a new lava firewall insulator and hood insulator from PTP. They discontinued it but still agreed to do a 1 off for me, I just have to wait 3-4 weeks for it.

ahard48

Ready to race!
LED Tails/Red top coils/ngk plugs. Little things until weather cooperates.

LED tails.jpg
Red Tops.jpg
Spark plugs.jpg