GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Yadadameans

Ready to race!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blongo804

I tried the OEM S3 shifter and it felt too close to stock for me, this was a long time ago though. I ended up ordering the dieselgeek so I can replace the entire assembly. Looked like the best quality as well.
You're right. I do agree the S3 shifter is a bit stock feeling. This mod was in place when I bought the car, so I didn't have much say. I may upgrade to the Dieselgeek one when funds allow. Wouldn't mind something a touch better feeling.

It sounds like you need to adjust the linkages on the shifter. It should be smooth going in and out of all of the gears.
I mean it's smooth going in and out of all gears besides 3-2 downshift. It just feels like I can't simply tap it down into 2nd like cars I've previously owned - it's almost like I have to guide it *too* much into 2nd, if that makes sense. So even though all gears feel great otherwise, should I still try adjusting the linkage? Not sure if this was just a GTI trans thing (still new to the VW world).

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
You're right. I do agree the S3 shifter is a bit stock feeling. This mod was in place when I bought the car, so I didn't have much say. I may upgrade to the Dieselgeek one when funds allow. Wouldn't mind something a touch better feeling.

I mean it's smooth going in and out of all gears besides 3-2 downshift. It just feels like I can't simply tap it down into 2nd like cars I've previously owned - it's almost like I have to guide it *too* much into 2nd, if that makes sense. So even though all gears feel great otherwise, should I still try adjusting the linkage? Not sure if this was just a GTI trans thing (still new to the VW world).

I would still try adjusting it. I do a lot of clutch jobs for people on this car and have to play with the adjustment a lot afterwards. What youre describing is not normal. The teeth on the linkages are very fine that even moving the side to side on tooth makes a difference.

blongo804

I would still try adjusting it. I do a lot of clutch jobs for people on this car and have to play with the adjustment a lot afterwards. What youre describing is not normal. The teeth on the linkages are very fine that even moving the side to side on tooth makes a difference.

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up then! I'll see what I can do with it when I get around to it.

blongo804

After doing the Kilma cleaner treatment + new charcoal Mann cabin filter + Meguiar's Car Air Refresher, my "dirty feet" smell is slowly coming back with the hatch area seemingly being the worst.

I decided to take it a step further and found the thread where someone suggested spraying the underhood cabin air intake with Ozium to further kill mold/bacteria build up. I did a treatment yesterday with the air on full blast, and a treatment today with the heat on full blast. Planning to vacuum, steam, and odor eliminator clean the carpets, scrub down the seats, and wipe down the interior panels with another odor eliminator cleaner. Hoping that gets rid of everything as I'm assuming the smell is stuck to the interior beyond simply living in the evap. Fingers crossed!

Otherwise, today's plan is to swap in ECS "projector" headlights since I snagged them for a good price. I won't be running HID's as I believe they're simply halogen projectors, so I bought Philips Diamond Vision bulbs for nice white light. I'll post pics when complete. :)

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Ha, I just did the same exact thing as the first part. Haven't done the ozium underhood treatment. But my car just smells kinda wierd like old fruit. Think it's cause I vape in the car too much lol. It's a bummer and scrubbing the headliner and all carpeted surfaces didn't really help. Curious if I have mold under the driver's seat cause I always find small white 'growth' spots under it.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
After doing the Kilma cleaner treatment + new charcoal Mann cabin filter + Meguiar's Car Air Refresher, my "dirty feet" smell is slowly coming back with the hatch area seemingly being the worst.

I decided to take it a step further and found the thread where someone suggested spraying the underhood cabin air intake with Ozium to further kill mold/bacteria build up. I did a treatment yesterday with the air on full blast, and a treatment today with the heat on full blast. Planning to vacuum, steam, and odor eliminator clean the carpets, scrub down the seats, and wipe down the interior panels with another odor eliminator cleaner. Hoping that gets rid of everything as I'm assuming the smell is stuck to the interior beyond simply living in the evap. Fingers crossed!

Otherwise, today's plan is to swap in ECS "projector" headlights since I snagged them for a good price. I won't be running HID's as I believe they're simply halogen projectors, so I bought Philips Diamond Vision bulbs for nice white light. I'll post pics when complete. :)

Look for leaking water. Do you have a wiper delete?

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Got a stupid good deal on ebay for OEM R side skirts already painted TR. 185$ shipped.. brand new.. installed them yesterday.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Got a stupid good deal on ebay for OEM R side skirts already painted TR. 185$ shipped.. brand new.. installed them yesterday.

Solid look..those really pull the look together with the accented hatch spoiler..

miss having a red car sometimes... CW should have been metalic pearl white..

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Ha, I just did the same exact thing as the first part. Haven't done the ozium underhood treatment. But my car just smells kinda wierd like old fruit. Think it's cause I vape in the car too much lol. It's a bummer and scrubbing the headliner and all carpeted surfaces didn't really help. Curious if I have mold under the driver's seat cause I always find small white 'growth' spots under it.

Yeah, that's mold

crazyaRms

Ready to race!
I know this isn't the right place to ask but I feel like this thread is where the action still is on this forum.... Anyone have any recommendations on a decent headunit? I'm tired of not having navigation. Looking for something with a decent sized screen that interfaces with my Android phone.

flawedcitizen

Passed Driver's Ed

Decided to try black and yellow headlight tint. Which one y’all like better? I have a hard time choosing which I’ll keep.