GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

crazyaRms

Ready to race!
Got my car back yesterday with my new clutch installed, new DP and stage 2 flash. Feels like an entirely new car. My left leg is going to be strong as hell after this break in period though lol.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Got my car back yesterday with my new clutch installed, new DP and stage 2 flash. Feels like an entirely new car. My left leg is going to be strong as hell after this break in period though lol.

I was really surprised by how stiff the clutch was on that first drive home. I was even more surprised how much the pedal softened up over night. That first drive home I was pretty stressed about the pedal feel, my leg even got sore. The next morning I went to start my car and the pedal felt so much closer to oem and absolutely nothing like it was the day before.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I was really surprised by how stiff the clutch was on that first drive home. I was even more surprised how much the pedal softened up over night. That first drive home I was pretty stressed about the pedal feel, my leg even got sore. The next morning I went to start my car and the pedal felt so much closer to oem and absolutely nothing like it was the day before.

Or your leg got stronger overnight

Hedgehodge

Passed Driver's Ed
AC Troubles

Troubleshooting warmer, on and off, AC temps.

AC Compressor Engaged ALWAYS (this is normal for this car now from what i read)
Low Side 15 (started at 20 briefly(temp is same, 76F and 89% humidity)
High Side 150

Any ideas :\ PM me , thanks :)

Whats normal for this car, 30-40 low and 220 high? Thanks

smanierre

Autocross Champion

I had the same thing, although it was over the course of a week or so. Initially I was worried I wouldn't be able to daily the car because of how stiff it was and how hard it grabbed, now it feels great. Definitely harder to drive than the stock clutch but good shifts are so much more rewarding

crazyaRms

Ready to race!

Yeah the pedal has softened up a bit but still drastically stiffer than stock. I am enjoying the feel though. That first drive home though was stressful! Made my leg and foot noticeably sore.

Mk6Racing

Passed Driver's Ed

Painted skirt extensions gloss table and cut out some vinyls for side skirt extensions tonight. Turned out pretty clean I think. Too late to assemble tonight but hoping to find time this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
looks solid. back seat delete imminent?
Gracias. No, Im planning on keeping them in there and just deleting the 3 head rests to have it lay flush with the false trunk floor. I really dont have any where to keep the backs in storage lol

Nice! Bolt in? How long did it take? How does the car feel?

Thanks! Yup bolted in, took way longer than I'd like to admit. About 7 hours by myself with 2 trips to home depot. I havent driven it yet tbh, the car is still on jackstands while Im waiting for some more parts to ship (BBK and wheels). I may throw on my old wheels and spiritedly drive it to work tomorrow since I am curious as to how sturdy, if any, it makes the vehicle.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Finally upgraded to some koni coilovers from koni yellow+H&R SS. Decided that i wanted to get linear springs instead of the progressive one supplied by koni. I got some custome springs made my hyperco, Springs specs are: 8” 300lbs/in 2.5 ID front and rear. After some research on the mk6/5 forum i wanted daily drivable setup which lead me to choose #300 spring rate. Just in case you didn’t know, you cant just swap the springs and expect then to work you either need an adapter or custom GC camber plates. I sourced out the top hat adapter from Eibach( used on the multi-pro R1/R2 coilovers).
Ride quality is better than my previous setup with the yellows + H&R ss. Cant compare them to the koni coilovers with the progressive springs is came with. I have the dampers set at 1/2 from soft in the front and 3/4 from soft in the rears. Theres a bit more oversteer but planted feeling. Might change my 25mm RSB to stiff see how that handles. Overall im quite happy with this setup, don’t recommend it is you want to drop you car, my car sits higher than than before and im maxed on in the front ( might change to 7” springs in the front to go a little bit lower) rears are fine and can go lower if i wanted to. Haven’t measured FTG yet but I believe there right around 25 1/2.

Yakuzi

Ready to race!

Slapped on some Bc Racing BR series coils, originally had h&r ss springs. This is now my 3rd time working with our damn strut collar, still a bitch to get off[emoji854]