GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
Received registration in mail and smog check in CA is required this year. Going back to stock. Not worth it to uninstall DP and reinstall afterwards.

USP Motorsports Downpipe for sale!

Yakuzi

Ready to race!

Finally found some time to install the side splitter and updated fins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where'd you get these fins from? looks good

Caii

been getting creative on this car lol had some overspray of sealant around the GTI but i got it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazyaRms

Ready to race!
Went to leave the mall today and had a hell of a time getting my car in gear. Got home and realized my ecs short shifter is worn down pretty bad. Adjusted it to make the car driveable for now. Need to get a new short shifter. Any recommendations?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Went to leave the mall today and had a hell of a time getting my car in gear. Got home and realized my ecs short shifter is worn down pretty bad. Adjusted it to make the car driveable for now. Need to get a new short shifter. Any recommendations?

OEM S3 sport shifter. 8J0711046E

Shoehat

Ready to race!

Dieselgeek

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek is the way to go. It's got the best feel IMO. I went from the S3 SSK, years ago and it's far superior.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
On the topic of shifters, I just did part of the 42dd shifter endlinks yesterday. Only got the front-back in due to a lack of tools. Feels sooooooo good though. I'd say definitely worth the money considering it's only $45. Also got the cable bracket bushings but not sure if they will really change the feel at all.

blongo804

Also on the topic of shifters (and hey, I think my first post!?), is it difficult with all short shifters to downshift from 3 to 2? I have the hardest time smoothly downshifting, only 3-2, with my S3 short shifter. It feels like I have to shift through a ton of rocks to get there lol. All shifts are really smooth/easy otherwise.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Also on the topic of shifters (and hey, I think my first post!?), is it difficult with all short shifters to downshift from 3 to 2? I have the hardest time smoothly downshifting, only 3-2, with my S3 short shifter. It feels like I have to shift through a ton of rocks to get there lol. All shifts are really smooth/easy otherwise.

I feel like 3-2 is just hard in general. You have to worry about over then down and also since they are lower gears, if you don't time it right you're gonna feel it. I almost never bother down shifting into 2, only reason would be if I was doing autox/track and needed to keep the RPMs up.

blongo804

I feel like 3-2 is just hard in general. You have to worry about over then down and also since they are lower gears, if you don't time it right you're gonna feel it. I almost never bother down shifting into 2, only reason would be if I was doing autox/track and needed to keep the RPMs up.

Good point. I don't really do the 3-2 downshift either, but just for the heck of it I was trying it (just got the car). I think I'll leave it alone.. :laugh:

crazyaRms

Ready to race!
I tried the OEM S3 shifter and it felt too close to stock for me, this was a long time ago though. I ended up ordering the dieselgeek so I can replace the entire assembly. Looked like the best quality as well.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

It sounds like you need to adjust the linkages on the shifter. It should be smooth going in and out of all of the gears.