GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apr stage 3 or Stage 3+ ?

rs999

Go Kart Champion
You have no idea what you are talking about.

And RS999, is it correct that you are putting down 312 with an APR stage 3 kit? Is something wrong with your car?

I need to get my car re-dynoed at All Aspects Motorsports or Dynotuned Performance.

The owner at AAM kept asking me what RPM I wanted to dyno at and I said, "I don't know do whatever you think is best," because I was nubcakes on dyoning.

So I think the 312WHP/315WTQ is way off from what I am really making.

Last edited:

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
How am I supposed to suggest uni? Their in house Dev car is on a couple year old tune that put out less than 3+ back then. If they put out the mysterious fueling upgrades and can actually take advantage of those turbos then it would be an option.

Did the CTS tsi kit come out?

Getting a different car would also be a good option like some others have said.

CTS is currently testing their kit on their development car.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I need to get my car re-dynoed at All Aspects Motorsports or Dynotuned Performance.

The owner at AAM kept asking me what RPM I wanted to dyno at and I said, "I don't know do whatever you think is best," because I was nubcakes on dyoning.

So I think the 312WHP/315WTQ is way off from what I am really making.

what RPM? shouldn't he have been asking in what gear, 3 or 4?

rs999

Go Kart Champion
Get a CTS turbo kit with a 5558 or GTx3071 and run Unitronic.

I've always wondered, I already have the APR kit and their downpipe with I think the T3 flange. Could I get a more advance turbo with the same flange type from CTS, swap it in, and then get UNI to give me a file to take advantage of the new turbo?

Just turbo swaps are done on Subies so I am wondering if it is capable on out platform as well. :confused:

Halvie

WOOSA
I've always wondered, I already have the APR kit and their downpipe with I think the T3 flange. Could I get a more advance turbo with the same flange type from CTS, swap it in, and then get UNI to give me a file to take advantage of the new turbo?

Just turbo swaps are done on Subies so I am wondering if it is capable on out platform as well. :confused:

I wish it was t3

rs999

Go Kart Champion

No, he kept asking RPM, and then he would roll the car and say, "Here we go in X gear," then yell out the numbers he saw on the screen between runs.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
No, he kept asking RPM, and then he would roll the car and say, "Here we go in X gear," then yell out the numbers he saw on the screen between runs.

weird... so , no print out then or?

he didn't just do normal pulls?

the only time RPM should be referenced is for rev limiter / where you want to stop.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
^ That. Doesn't sound like the dyno operator had a clue.

Dyno runs for the GTI should be done in 4th because that is closest to 1:1 gearing with both 6MT and DSG.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
And for anyone that says a 3+ kit is reliable...I have two things to say. For one, these cars are new so it's going to take time for things to start coming apart..where on an older BT car you will find the weak links easily. And two, nobody here with a BT daily drives their car (besides Dave@HSTuning). It's pretty easy to say something is reliable when you drive it 5000 miles a year...

Almost all stage 3 and stage 3+ FSI/TSI APR customers I know daily drive their cars and the same goes for our employees with them:

Colby@APR Daily drives his Stage 3 R
Alen@APR Daily drives his Stage 3+ MK6 GTI
Joel@APR Daily drives his Stage 3+ MK6 GLI
Keith@APR Daily Drives his Stage 3 R
Ian@APR Daily Drives his Stage 3 MK5 GTI TSI
Evan@APR Daily drove his Stage 3+ MK6 GTI
Evan@APR Daily drives his K04 Scirocco
ChrisT@APR Daily drove his Stage 3 MK5 FSI
ChrisG@APR Daily drove his Stage 3 MK5 FSI
ChrisG@APR Daily drove his Stage 3 MK6 GTI
Andy@APR Daily drove his Stage 3 A3 FSI
Anyone@APR Daily drove the Shop Stage 3 A3 FSI
Arin@APR (and now my fiancée) daily drives my K04 MK5 FSI
MikeT@APR Daily drove his Stage 3 B7 A4
MikeH@APR Daily drives his K04 A3 TSI
Simon@APR Daily drove his K04 A3 FSI
Simon@APR Daily drives his K04 B8 A4 TSIVL
Johnny@APR Daily drives his Stage 4 B6 A4 with 2.0 TFSI swap
Grant@APR Daily drives his K04 TSI MK5 GLI
Johnny@APR's wife daily drove her K04 B7 A4
Johnny@APR's wife daily drives her K04 B8 A4

(That's all the FSI/TSI in house employee cars I can think of right now)

We have customers with well over 100,000 miles and our stage 3 kits have endured several 24 hour races. We even have a few running in the 12 hours of Bathurst right now.

Sure, big turbo 1.8T hacked together kits are always broken down, or that one guy you know with a 3076R or 35R going for insane power at the drag strip and dyno, but that's not what we produce and not something you need to worry about.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor

If you want a GTX, bring the car down and we'll put one on.

Last edited:

Halvie

WOOSA
:word:

Stage 3 or 3+ is great an all, but I feel like it's mostly for bragging rights. Even with a K04, good tires, poly bushings, and other suspension stuff traction is pretty aweful. And don't try and put ANY power down when it's damp. Sometimes it's just not fun.

I have friends with Big Turbo 1.8t's that are broke constantly. Sure, they make incredible power, but it's a pain in the ass to drive waiting for boost to come on and even more terrible trying to drive in the twisties. And for anyone that says a 3+ kit is reliable...I have two things to say. For one, these cars are new so it's going to take time for things to start coming apart..where on an older BT car you will find the weak links easily. And two, nobody here with a BT daily drives their car (besides Dave@HSTuning). It's pretty easy to say something is reliable when you drive it 5000 miles a year...

So in essance, go by another car to go fast in.

Didn't notice this part before, but this May my car will be 3 years old and I think I have 49k on it now. I drive a lot more than 5k a year. Trying to it drive less now solely so I don't keep piling miles on it.

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
Yeah say what you want about APR, but they make a good product that's thoroughly researched and tested before release, and generally supported very well after purchase. These aren't Vishnu N54 turbo kits.

The only problem all the stage 3 guys have is simple: not enough fueling to make the power they want.

Or in Patrick_gli's case maxed out turbo.