GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, thats exactly the numbers he told me. He also told me that he wasn't running 100% but everyone has excuses for days. I guess the ST's just cant put that power to the ground.

Part of it, and this is speculation/my opinion, is because they get inflated numbers from their overboost function, however that works. They can dyno those higher peak numbers, but can't sustain it, which is exactly what I experienced and sounds like you experienced. When I raced him we started in 3rd, and the first few seconds he held pretty solid on me and I thought he was going to start pulling away, but as soon as I shifted to 4th I started walking away, and by top of 4 it was easily 4 cars, but he says 5-6. It was almost as if his car just ran out of steam, which is weird because we have a similar k03 turbo in both cars (though I don't know all the details on the compressor size vs our car).
As a side note, the guy I raced I know and is a great guy, isn't really into the excuses bit, he said he was running top notch and had no issues, just couldn't keep up. They really aren't that much heavier, his power to weight ratio I believe is better than mine is, even with me being stage 2...that's what makes me think that either their overboost function is really driving their numbers up for a few seconds, or maybe their gearing is just not great for straight line racing.

I have no idea...maybe someone else has some other speculation on why ;)

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Got a bit of a funny story. Wish it materialized into a race, because I know what a k04 can do to an R/T.

This guy had his mufflers and cats removed. Probably still resonated because it wasn't too loud. Anyways, he stayed 10ft back from the car in front of him just so he could rev his engine with the tailpipes at my open windows. Try as I may, there wasn't a good oportunity to get into it on my commute home.

So I finally realized I know this car. I run by the guys house every once in a while and he parks it outside the garage sometimes. When he turns onto the second to last turn before our streets, he turns onto mine instead of his. Naturally, I follow him since I'm going home. Then he immediately turns off into someone else's driveway. I pass by him and open my garage door. Then he backs out and heads for his street.

I bet he doesn't know he's my neighbor and was freaked out I'd try and pull something. Or try and find out where he lives simply because he revved the engine next to my window. As much as I want to let him know I'm not a creep (and race him) I'll just leave my garage door open so he can peek by if he wants to confirm I do live here. [emoji38]

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Raced my buddy's 2012 Si again.

He's still not done with his Vit Viper tune but hes on cal #27 and must almost be done. We did a hwy roll from around 40mph i think, was in 3rd gear. immideately started to pull on him from the beginning... slowly pulling. Around 105/110 I stopped and was up about a car length. He claimed that he was JUST starting to reel me in but I stopped cause 110mph.

CSB.

ArcsandSparks

Ready to race!
Ran a 2015 Challenger scat pack, ran from 55-110 two times.

First run I started in 3rd, pulled on him very slowly before I had to shift to 4th, dropped back with my front bumper at his door handle, then he started slowly pulling away.

Second run I started in 3rd and brake boosted up to ~17psi, I got a slight jump on him right off the jump before we both shifted, he started pulling on me very slowly once again.

I wasn't spraying meth, with meth + 100 octane it should be a slightly different outcome.

even though this is the CSB thread, I'm fairly sure my passenger caught it on video. If the video is clear I'll post it up.

No mods on his besides a short shift and a resonator delete. I'm k04, but with the stock intercooler.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
^ I think I posted the video of my race with a scat pack. Somewhat similar outcome, he pulled on me. I didn't brake boost and was on 93 oct with a passenger. I agree that on 100 oct it would be a bit closer.

First race was from 50. Second race was from 40 and I held on a bit better on the 40. The scat pack I raced was the 8 speed auto, that thing is fast.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Raced my buddy's 2012 Si again.

He's still not done with his Vit Viper tune but hes on cal #27 and must almost be done. We did a hwy roll from around 40mph i think, was in 3rd gear. immideately started to pull on him from the beginning... slowly pulling. Around 105/110 I stopped and was up about a car length. He claimed that he was JUST starting to reel me in but I stopped cause 110mph.

CSB.

ahh man, i hear those tunes take months... my buddy has a '13 Si (stock engine) and he mentioned me that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I raced an S2K this weekend. He was driving like a douche on the way back from the Sunday runs so I played wit him. It was loud and looked great, did a 50 roll and it was just embarrassing... left him like he was standing still. Obviously knew I was gonna win, but can never let a chance to race an S2K slip by.

Also raced an EvoX GSR with intake and catback, he held on for a gear from a 40 roll and then I walked away up top. Raced a new Ecoboost Mustang with exhaust and unknown mods, did a 50 and a 40, I won both with ease.

Only car that gave me a good run was a MK3 GTI with an eBay 50 trim on it, said he dynod at 298whp. We were dead even until about 4th gear where I slightly start to pull. The last run was the best one, he had a fender on me till about 4th gear where I started to creep up and then he blew a coolant hose or something. Smoke everywhere, coolant all over the place. Twas a pretty sweet ride doe.

My car is Revo K04, something is up with it though, it's taking a little while to build boost. I suspect a vacuum leak. Pulls hard up top though :iono:

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
Raced my buddies 2014 328i X drive today, from a roll he pulls on me, from a dig I got him with LC and bald tires, wasnt enough room so he didnt pull on me but with a driver mod that would change. Anyone else run into the new 328i's ? Im completely stock btw, just wondering if Im running right, thought stock gti's should take 328is

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
Raced my buddies 2014 328i X drive today, from a roll he pulls on me, from a dig I got him with LC and bald tires, wasnt enough room so he didnt pull on me but with a driver mod that would change. Anyone else run into the new 328i's ? Im completely stock btw, just wondering if Im running right, thought stock gti's should take 328is

Yikes. I'm surprised you hung on that well with a stock GTI. Over here in South Africa a 2014 328i would absolutely smash a stock GTi. In fact, you'd need stage 2 to stand a chance.

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
Yikes. I'm surprised you hung on that well with a stock GTI. Over here in South Africa a 2014 328i would absolutely smash a stock GTi. In fact, you'd need stage 2 to stand a chance.

Damn, in 2nd I can hold him off for a bit but once I start going into 3rd,4th,5th, and 6th hell just pull on me.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Got my car back and the clutch all broken in, but nobody exciting wants to play :'(

Local buddy has a Mk6 GLI and thinks it's tuned (he bought it used) so we might have a run here in the next couple days though. I'll make sure and GoPro it.

He said he was peaking nearly 20 psi when he checked it, but I don't know he's got it set up right, and he said it doesn't feel tuned to him, so we'll see :D

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
20 psia is 6psig. If he's reading off obdii he's stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Jared32

Ready to race!
20 psia is 6psig. If he's reading off obdii he's stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

What's the difference between psia or psig?

Sent from my distracter to yours...

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
What's the difference between psia or psig?

Sent from my distracter to yours...

This ^^

It's off OBDII, but I also use OBDII (Torque Pro app) and spike 18-21 (depending on season). I don't know what he uses/used.