Votes: 61 55.0%
  • Yes, I did a Purchase an Extended Warranty

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Hookers

Votes: 10 9.0%

• Total voters

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I just turned 36,000 miles on the odometer. I almost pulled the trigger on an extended warranty ($2,300), but a couple of VW Pros said I didn't need it because the power train is still covered along with the intake. I was on the fence anyway.

I am curious how many members elected to get the extended warranty.

Last edited:

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
No way such a waste of money. The dealer tried to tach that onto me when buying the car and since I am going to tune it, i see no point on paying 3k for a warranty that they possibly will not cover everything on.

cranker1987

Ready to race!
I bought it right away. I always do. I'd rather know I'm covered for a major repair than roll the dice down the road. My TDI went kaput under warranty and VW covered it, but the end of my manufacturer warranty was not that far off when it happened.

No mods on my car, BTW.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Extended warranties are kinda funny... its like your betting money your car is gonna break

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
I got one started when the 36 month stopped, i'll be covered for 5 more years, total of 75K miles, only have 8350 miles now.

Peace of mind, insurance.

Merkle

Banned
I did, up until 75k, I sold the car at 62k miles so I got the rest back in a check.

dolla dolla bill ya'll

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Kinda.

I have Geico's MBI added onto my auto policy. ~$18/year, car is covered with a $250 deductable up to 100k miles.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
I possibly would have looked into it more if I didn't plan on modding the car.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
People here seem to love extended warranties. Recommending CPO's all day long - which is fine.

Did you try to negotiate on the extended warranty? They usually have a ton of markup in them.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Did you try to negotiate on the extended warranty? They usually have a ton of markup in them.

Yeah...It's 100% (at Warranty MSRP) BTW...
Why do you think dealers love to sell them?
They can make more on a warranty than they probably did selling the car..

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
I purchased extended service, because it was the same price as the 40k service (with DSG), with a couple more thrown in. Also refundable!

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Bought a powertrain only up to 100K. Wanted to be sure the HPFP is covered in the event... ;)

I negotiated it down a lot though; I wouldn't buy one if the price were too high.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
i guess it depends, if i had gotten more of a base gti then probably not. but peace of mind that my nav, xenons, sunroof, steering wheel controls etc are covered till 75k is always nice.