GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RSR clutch kit questions/concerns

also part # 03L141016N -- Look @ engine code descriptions.. CCTA...

Golf/R32/GTI/Rabbit (D / GO): BPY,CBFA,; CCTA
Passat/4Motion (PA): BPY,CCTA
Passat CC (PACC): CAWB,CBFA,; CBAA,CBAB,; CCTA,CCZA,; CCZB; CBAC,CBBB,; CFFA,CFFB,; CFGB
Golf/R32/GTI/Rabbit (D / GO): CBFA,CCTA,; CCZB,CDLC,; CBBB,CJAA,; CDLF
Jetta (MEX / JEM): CCZA,CBFA,; CFHC,CFFB,; CLCB

http://www.oemautopartsplus.com/cat...3l141016n/v/volkswagen-jetta-2012/vid/4543212

Last edited:

Calkulin

Ready to race!
I'll be creating a thread with all the info of my parts, I'm just starting the process of installing and verifying everything, should be done tomorrow morning :thumbsup:

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
I'll be creating a thread with all the info of my parts, I'm just starting the process of installing and verifying everything, should be done tomorrow morning :thumbsup:

:thumbup: looking forward to the good news, would save a lot of people money

Calkulin

Ready to race!
I sourced the parts from europe as well. From darksidedevelopments.co.uk

In above post you showed a kit you put together using the new clutch disk is using in their revised PP + disc (For those with failing PP's).

So you basically pulled TT-RS PP + disk and then toss the disk that comes with it, due to the amount of splines. and then use the revised disk from VW for our 02Q

Did you source the Sachs or VW part # version?

that's what they do with their stage 3+ injectors :laugh:

I guess I'll have to use another example then lol

Clutch kits that end with X are remanufactured, so if that doesn't bother you, those are great options to save some money, especially since you're sourcing it for half of it. Ideally, it would be a better option to get the LuK kit version but they don't have one yet for the TT-RS, so hopefully they will in the future so people can save some money over the VW branded one, as in reality they are the same as LuK makes the VW one

Last edited:

Calkulin

Ready to race!
I know I said I was going to create the thread but I think I'm going to hold off a little till I test the clutch more and make sure that it performs the same as the RSR. My stock clutch didn't even hold a Stage 1 tune, so once it's broken in, I'll get it retuned and if it holds that, I'll install my Stage 3 kit, which will be the real test.

Calkulin

Ready to race!
I'm actually using the TTS pressure plate as it's the correct size for the TDI disk when compared to the TT-RS one that makes ~75% contact with that disk but the front half of the pressure plates are the same. It was just me wanting to try something different as I wanted to make sure to get full contact with the disk. The pics below are from my post in the first page that showed the differences

TT-RS pressure plate - 07K 141 015 B/X

TTS pressure plate - 06F 141 015 C/X

ahhh finally.. and let there be light! Great stuff Calkulin

oh, the TOB was included with the clutch kit, or no?

whitebeastMKV

Ready to race!
So TTS pp and golf tdi disc: how does it feel/drive/hold?

i'm sure he's gonna let us know how it feels and how it holds after the BRAKE-IN period which is something like 500miles or so

on the other hand, i still LOVE my RSR clutch...dont' know if it;s just me, but the clutch pedal seems to have been softening up a bit (or maybe my left foot just got used to it...lol) and also me thinks that it's not grabbing closer to the floor as it did teh first miles i drove; again could be just be getting used to it

all in all....this clutch is amazing...

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
i'm sure he's gonna let us know how it feels and how it holds after the BRAKE-IN period which is something like 500miles or so

on the other hand, i still LOVE my RSR clutch...dont' know if it;s just me, but the clutch pedal seems to have been softening up a bit (or maybe my left foot just got used to it...lol) and also me thinks that it's not grabbing closer to the floor as it did teh first miles i drove; again could be just be getting used to it

all in all....this clutch is amazing...

Break in is overrated. A few heat cycles and you are good to go. I don't do any 6k clutch drops or overly aggressive shifting for like 200 miles. Besides that I've always went WOT pretty much immediately after installing the clutch.

I've used this method for like 10 years with no ill effects.

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
450 miles on my RSR clutch tonight and I abused it for the first time. Man that fucker grabs! Can't wait to get a few more miles and see how it looks uni's two step