GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Poll - Long Term GFB T9351 DV+ Diverter Valve Kit Results

Which GFB T9351 DV+ Diverter Valve Kit Configuration?

• Total voters

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

It's been a while since my original HYDE16 Reviews - GFB T9351 DV+ Diverter Valve Kit post and there has been plenty of discussion and feedback on using this GFB T9351 DV+ Diverter Valve Kit. Some get soft codes, some remove the main spring, some notice better drivability while some don't notice any change. Some software tuners advise against using it, some say it doesn't matter. But let's add some stats to it, I've been thinking about a poll thread like this for a while to come to some sort of conclusion. The poll will cover the possible configurations while your posts will help compile overall feedback.

Vote in the poll and then reply to this thread with the following questions and answers:

Manual or DSG =
Turbo setup (IHI/K03, K04, BT) =
Software used (company and version/level) =
Have you received a soft code with the main spring left in =
Data comparisons (can you share any before and after logs) =
Overall feedback and impressions =
Your current configuration (choose from the numbered options below) =

1) DSG with DV+ main spring in OEM location
2) DSG with DV+ main spring and DV relocation kit
3) DSG without DV+ main spring in OEM location
4) DSG without DV+ main spring in and DV relocation kit
5) Manual with DV+ main spring in OEM location
6) Manual with DV+ main spring in and DV relocation kit
7) Manual without DV+ main spring in OEM location
8) Manual without DV+ main spring in and DV relocation kit

GFB T9351 DV+ Configuration / Tech Tip:
Just as a reference for the main spring we refer to, the GFB T9351 DV+ can be configured in two different ways depending on your own personal preference and what you want to achieve. During assembly, you can choose to install the main piston spring (indicated below by the arrow) or not.

Customer Service Response to GFB T9351 DV+ Configuration / Tech Tip:
After reading this Tech Tip, I reached out to GFB’s excellent customer service for a little more clarification. Their customer service response is listed below.

We recommend using the main spring unless there is a reason not to, so that throttle response is optimized, since that’s one of the key reasons to replace the factory valve (as well as longevity and boost-holding). As the tech article explains, the turbo will make a different sound under certain conditions at low RPM (only noticeable with an aftermarket intake), which is not compressor surge and is not harmful to the turbo or engine, but nonetheless some people may not like it. In that case, removing the spring will make the DV+ behave like the factory valve, so the different noise will be gone.

The boost pressure and turbo are fairly irrelevant as far as the main spring go. You could potentially say as a blanket rule to the guys with a DSG gearbox that they can install the DV+ without the spring, because throttle response on gearshift is much less important than it is to the manual guys. Personally however, I’d always take the opportunity to improve throttle response by installing the spring and taking it out if necessary, rather than not installing it and never knowing potentially what I’m missing. That’s really the whole point of modifying something. There’s absolutely no harm in trying it – the worst that will happen is you don’t like the noise in which case you take it out.

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
Manual or DSG = manual
Turbo setup (IHI/K03, K04, BT) = k04
Software used (company and version/level) = apr 3.1
Have you received a soft code with the main spring left in = yes
I was the first on the forums with the DV+ and have tested it in all 4 configurations, stock location, relocated, with and without spring.
My personal opinion is relocated DV makes zero improvement and leaves potential boost leak areas. With the spring I do feel better throttle response with no negatives besides the soft code.

Manual with DV+ main spring in OEM location

Velociraptor Thrust

Go Kart Champion
Manual or DSG = DSG
Turbo setup (IHI/K03, K04, BT) = k04
Software used (company and version/level) = Eurodyne customs file
Have you received a soft code with the main spring left in = yes but it is gone now
eh, I was going k04 and I'm pretty sure my rev c as leaking, before k04. So rather than buy a rev d and then buy gfb I just rebuilt the dv

dsg with DV+, 99%sure main spring in, DV relocation

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
Manual or DSG = Manual
Turbo setup (IHI/K03, K04, BT) = IHI
Software used (company and version/level) = Stock
Have you received a soft code with the main spring left in = Yes
Data comparisons (can you share any before and after logs) = Nope
Overall feedback and impressions = I like the partial throttle response but I do get fluttery sounds
Your current configuration (choose from the numbered options below) = 6) Manual with DV+ main spring in and DV relocation kit

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Manual or DSG = Manual
Software used (company and version/level) = GIAC Stage 2.04
Have you received a soft code with the main spring left in = Yes but it's gone now
Data comparisons (can you share any before and after logs) = None
Overall feedback and impressions = 1.5 years with DV+ installed....removed once to figure out boost leak....boost leak resolved....ran two weeks without the DV+....reinstalled it and immediately felt positive results between shifts. I'm a believer :)

5) Manual with DV+ main spring in OEM location

goose1

Ready to race!
Manual or DSG = DSG
Software used (company and version/level) = Unitronic Stage 2
Have you received a soft code with the main spring left in = Soft code only visible with VCDS
Overall feedback and impressions = Ever since I installed it, I feel as if it holds boost a bit longer in the rev range and completely got rid of the open intake howl at 3000-5000RPM in 3rd and 4th gear.
Your current configuration (choose from the numbered options below) = 1) DSG with DV+ main spring in OEM location

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
Manual or DSG = Manual
Turbo setup (IHI/K03, K04, BT) = K04
Software used (company and version/level) = APR v3.1
Data comparisons (can you share any before and after logs) = no
Overall feedback and impressions = I liked the difference in response from changing from an oem valve to the dv+. It held more boost, and I don't have any howls or fluttery noises
Your current configuration (choose from the numbered options below) = Manual with DV+ main spring in OEM location

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Manual or DSG = DSG
Turbo setup (IHI/K03, K04, BT) = FrankenTurbo F23T
Software used (company and version/level) = Revo Stage 3
Data comparisons (can you share any before and after logs) = No Logs

Overall feedback and impressions = I always felt the OEM DV was leaking under full boost pressure. You could almost hear it. It was also fluttering uncontrollably. The DV+ fully alleviated this issue.

Your current configuration (choose from the numbered options below) = 1) DSG with DV+ main spring in OEM location

ForzaGTI

Ready to race!
Manual or DSG = Manual
Turbo setup (IHI/K03, K04, BT) = K03. Going K04 on Friday May 8th.
Software used (company and version/level) = APR Stage 2 (Latest Release).
Overall feedback and impressions = Installed on 7/2014 and noticed a more stable top boost numbers (consistent with your initial review HYDE), but car performance is not consistent with the DV+. Some days it pulls as it should and other it doesn't (even in winter). Maybe a leak but this happen mostly when the DV+ has dried out and the piston is not lubed enough. Other than that, no fluttering noise or howls to date.
Your current configuration (choose from the numbered options below) = Manual with DV+ main spring in OEM location

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Manual or DSG = DSG
Turbo setup (IHI/K03, K04, BT) = K04
Software used (company and version/level) = APR V3.1
Have you received a soft code with the main spring left in = Yes (I removed it after)
Data comparisons (can you share any before and after logs) = NA
Overall feedback and impressions = I didn't feel much, but I know it's more reliable, so it's staying.
Your current configuration (choose from the numbered options below) = DSG without DV+ main spring in OEM location

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
SEE POST 16 FOR MORE INFO
Manual or DSG = Manual
Turbo setup (IHI/K03, K04, BT) = APR K04
Software used (company and version/level) = APR V3.1
Have you received a soft code with the main spring left in = YES
Data comparisons (can you share any before and after logs) = Coming
Overall feedback and impressions = See below
Your current configuration (choose from the numbered options below) = All stock location, see below.

I'm not voting just yet, as I haven't completed testing. I ran WITH the extra spring for a year and a half. Always seeing horrible boost control only after resetting the codes and clearing readiness. I removed the extra spring a week or two ago, and found boost control to be MUCH better, and was still hitting/holding the peak boost I was used to seeing.

One thing to note, I ALWAYS had problems with going into sort of a soft limp mode after a really fast shift at high RPM where boost wouldn't build right back up. There are tons of threads on this dating back quite some time. Since removing the extra spring I haven't had that happen one time over the course of a week, where before I would have that happen at least once a day.

Over the weekend I removed the DV+ completely and put the stock valve back in. I haven't really driven it since and the weather is beautiful this week so I'll be on two wheels until I see a chance of rain. The next time I drive it I'll take some logs and I'll have info to compare with the spring, without the spring and with the stock valve. I'll post all of that up when I get it.

Either way, I know I won't be putting the extra spring back in. I want to see how the stock valve works in comparison and see if I want to reinstall the DV+ at all or not.

Last edited:
Manual or DSG = DSG
Turbo setup (IHI/K03, K04, BT) = GTX2867r
Software used (company and version/level) = DM Stage 3
Overall feedback and impressions = no difference noticeable in logs but defintly feel like a big improvement when driving

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Ive been running the DV+ for ~6months in OEM location (DSG) with spring with zero issues.
In a couple of months I plan on piecing together a DV relocation.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Manual or DSG = Manual
Software used (company and version/level) = APR Stage 2
Have you received a soft code with the main spring left in = N/A
Data comparisons (can you share any before and after logs) = N/A
Overall feedback and impressions = Slightly quicker response and better feel but not earth shaking results for me. However, it gives me a piece of mind that'll it'll last since it is so well built vs OEM DVs
Your current configuration (choose from the numbered options below) = 5

Winoman

Ready to race!
Manual or DSG = MT
Turbo setup (IHI/K03, K04, BT) = BT
Software used (company and version/level) = APR Stage 3
Have you received a soft code with the main spring left in = unknown (but don't think so)
Data comparisons (can you share any before and after logs) = N/A
Overall feedback and impressions = Love how it holds boost a bit longer.
Your current configuration (choose from the numbered options below) = 5