GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

Fonzii18

Ready to race!
No, you have to use UNI injectors and pump or a pump of your choice (TTRS) which is the route I'm going. Just haven't decided yet to use TTRS pump or just buy the UNI one and be done with it
Haha I just wish they had some type of sale haha
1000 for injectors seems on the high side

Last edited:

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Why wasn't this available when I was ready to do it...? I was told I had to get the whole fueling system :iono::(

Is there another tune for just the lpfp and the controller?
Or do you have to get injectors to work.

I should have been more clear in my post — You can now purchase the High Output Fuel Injectors (and Harness adapters) separately from the complete fueling kit (UH004-INA = $999.99 USD). You must then source a LPFP/controller yourself.

But would these work with the unitronic stage 3 tune?
From what im seeing the tune is very picky on what it will work with.

You need to use the High Output Injectors with our Stage 3 BT Software. We like to use what we've found to be the most effective solution after actual research and testing was performed on the subject several years ago. I think our final product (software + fueling kit) has been proven time and time again in the real world. And to be clear, I'm not saying there are not other options. There are. Do we feel our solution is the most effective? Yes, through our research and testing we've found what we offer to be the best solution and as a result, we require them to be used with our Stage 3 BT Software.

Haha I just wish they had some type of sale haha
1000 for injectors seems on the high side

I think $999 is a great price point, as we're including (4x) injectors and (4x) harness adapters.

Last edited:

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
I should have been more clear in my post — You can now purchase the High Output Fuel Injectors (and Harness adapters) separately from the complete fueling kit (UH004-INA = $999.99 USD). You must then source a LPFP/controller yourself.

You need to use the High Output Injectors with our Stage 3 BT Software. We like to use what we've found to be the most effective solution after actual research and testing was performed on the subject several years ago. I think our final product (software + fueling kit) has been proven time and time again in the real world. And to be clear, I'm not saying there are not other options. There are. Do we feel our solution is the most effective? Yes, through our research and testing we've found what we offer to be the best solution and as a result, we require them to be used with our Stage 3 BT Software.

I think $999 is a great price point, as we're including (4x) injectors and (4x) harness adapters.

I got my whole fuel system for 500. Installed. How is 1000 a great price point for just the injectors? Let people just pay a small upgrade fee to the UNI aftermarket injector file and be done. It's just an injector constant change.... Come on.

Mbutler183

Ready to race!
Opel injectors from zzp are the ones you want.

They cost $350. That includes upgraded e85 safe seals, a fuel rail and even a harness.

These will give you pretty much all the flow you can get through the primary injectors without upgrading the hpfp.

LNFs are a complete waste of money, they aren't a significant improvement over stock.

Very well then, are they plug and play? What does that take the power limitations to with a stock lpfp?

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Ive run 24-25psi with good trims and no issues, there are others that have cranked the boost up on 3+ kits to 28-30psi and have been ok

I've daily driven 35 on GT3071. Good trims, two small methanol nozzles. Simple and effective.

Without methanol I need a little e85 to run 26-27psi but that's because I have 22 degrees advance. If I lowered that advance I would assume 27psi would be obtainable without methanol. But I like that safety net.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Very well then, are they plug and play? What does that take the power limitations to with a stock lpfp?

Need to splice the harness. It's simple.

You need a LPFP upgrade with them to really notice a difference. But the new injectors will give you a couple psi of room before you notice your rail pressure drop off.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
I got my whole fuel system for 500. Installed. How is 1000 a great price point for just the injectors? Let people just pay a small upgrade fee to the UNI aftermarket injector file and be done. It's just an injector constant change.... Come on.

You do understand the way ED tunes and the way all the big tuners tune is completely different right? ED has vert limited maps to work with vs open access to the ecu. ED gives you enough to possibly get close ant then hopes adaptation can fix the rest, full access gives you a better tune. This is Uni only, APR, GIAC, Revo, Etuners and more not available here in the states have more access to maps.

And the two fees added up will still be 1k so I don't see what that changes. I wanted the best so I paid it and now make a shit ton of power. Like why pay for aquamist at a kit cost of 1300 when you can buy cooling mist at $300-400. Both are water meth kits so they must be the same right.

Honestly I can care less how anyone spends their money. If you have have a way that works for you great but it may not be the best for everyone on here. When you guys go back and forth bashing how to do things the thread really doesn't progress much.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Like why pay for aquamist at a kit cost of 1300 when you can buy cooling mist at $300-400. Both are water meth kits so they must be the same right.

Horrible example when the injectors ARE literally the same for 3x the cost.

But that's okay. Keep repping that UNI.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Horrible example when the injectors ARE literally the same for 3x the cost.

But that's okay. Keep repping that UNI.

Imma jump in here on the Aquamist part real fast, the nozzles (not injectors) are completely different, no one has the same nozzle design or quality compared to Aquamist.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
I will only use aquamist as well since that are the best and 3x the cost but hey what do I know. Only built one of the fastest mk6s there is and still have fueling headroom without the use of aux injectors. Their tuning and product work well for me, if they didn't I wouldn't use them.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Imma jump in here on the Aquamist part real fast, the nozzles (not injectors) are completely different, no one has the same nozzle design or quality compared to Aquamist.

Why are we talking about aquamist now? If you read the comment I made it was ONLY referring to the fact UNI is charging 999.99 for 300 dollar injectors. Nothing to do with nozzles.

The example that was made was the fact that aquamist differs from the competition... WHICH IS DOES.

UNI injectors DO NOT differ from the competition in any way other than price.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Why are we talking about aquamist now? If you read the comment I made it was ONLY referring to the fact UNI is charging 999.99 for 300 dollar injectors. Nothing to do with nozzles.

The example that was made was the fact that aquamist differs from the competition... WHICH IS DOES.

UNI injectors DO NOT differ from the competition in any way other than price.

Because it is a relevant comparison best vs works.