GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Cheated on Emissions Testing?

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
She bought her Jetta TDI in June 2013. Her only complaint then was that the Jetta lacks premium features that she would like, namely HIDs and nicer leather.

I purchased my GTI in October 13 and regretted my decision since then. While it isn't as pathetic and underwhelming as when I first purchased it... It is still a lame FWD vehicle that I should have steered clear of.

Please please please, for the love of god, sell your car so you can stop reminding us all how much you hate it everytime you post.

Yes, it's a FWD car (a damn good one coming from a normally RWD owner) but you knew this prior to buying the car...unless of course the car has changed it's drivetrain configuration since you bought it. This "lame" FWD little hatch puts smiles on the faces of several friends that own everything from e90 330i's to american muscle cars...so spare us with how "boring" you think it is. Sell it and move along.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Please please please, for the love of god, sell your car so you can stop reminding us all how much you hate it everytime you post.

Yes, it's a FWD car (a damn good one coming from a normally RWD owner) but you knew this prior to buying the car...unless of course the car has changed it's drivetrain configuration since you bought it. This "lame" FWD little hatch puts smiles on the faces of several friends that own everything from e90 330i's to american muscle cars...so spare us with how "boring" you think it is. Sell it and move along.

Trade-in value is now at Wholesale minus 15% and my intermittent electrical issues have returned. I'd love nothing more than to get rid of this POS, but I am going to take a bath to do so. The good news is I am almost ready to take that bath!

NorthVan1

Ready to race!

+1

I came from a 2007 Porsche GT3, nothing that I own in future will likely compare to it's performance, but my GTI is a lot of fun to drive, and i can haul the kids and some of their stuff.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Trade-in value is now at Wholesale minus 15% and my intermittent electrical issues have returned. I'd love nothing more than to get rid of this POS, but I am going to take a bath to do so. The good news is I am almost ready to take that bath!

Whoa buddy. You shouldnt talk about your wife like that. :iono:

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Whoa buddy. You shouldnt talk about your wife like that. :iono:

Unfortunately, I was talking about my car. In addition to what I tried with regard to trading, I called one of my friends who has his own independent used car lot and he said that I picked the WRONG time to try to unload a VW.

Sadly, it is to the point now where even if by some miracle the dealership managed to fix my car, I'd still want to get rid of it. I am so over dealing with their incompetent service department!

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Sorry about your luck I'm really enjoying my FWD hatch. Hope you can find happiness in some other car.

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Unfortunately, I was talking about my car. In addition to what I tried with regard to trading, I called one of my friends who has his own independent used car lot and he said that I picked the WRONG time to try to unload a VW.

Sadly, it is to the point now where even if by some miracle the dealership managed to fix my car, I'd still want to get rid of it. I am so over dealing with their incompetent service department!

You do realize that people buy/sell cars on the private market right? A reasonably priced mk6 GTI will sell fairly quickly, though I'd recommend returning it to stock. Also, it sounds like you need to find a different dealer.

Word of advice though, don't go looking for a Subaru or BMW and expect them to be completely problem free though.

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
Trade-in value is now at Wholesale minus 15%

lol. looks like every dealer you're going to is ripping you off. They either can tell you want out of it fast due to dieselgate or see a chump walking in. A dealers main focus is getting the trade at wholesale value or less to maximize their profits when they sell it.

I purchased my GLI in Feb. I started shopping around November of 2014. I was cross shopping GTI's and GLI's as well as a couple other cars.

They have literally not changed in value. Some CPO autobahns have actually gone up in price with the same mileage range I was looking at. I am still not buying that they have dropped in value outside of the TDI's.

I have put nearly 20k miles on mine and 2013 GLI's are still listed at higher prices than what I paid for mine at a dealer for a cpo car.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
You do realize that people buy/sell cars on the private market right? A reasonably priced mk6 GTI will sell fairly quickly, though I'd recommend returning it to stock. Also, it sounds like you need to find a different dealer.

Well, they are in business to make money. I can't say I blame them either. I just don't want to be bothered with the hassle of a private sale. It's so much easier to trade than list something for sale locally, have someone say they need to get a loan, have their loan fall through, and waste countless hours going through the process with another buyer until the vehicle actually gets sold.

Next, my insurance company will turn me into the state for dropping insurance coverage on a vehicle that I no longer own, requiring me to spend more countless hours to prove to the state that I did not let my insurance lapse and I did indeed sale the car so they can remove the fine for letting my insurance lapse. I've been through that at least three times in the last ten years.

Word of advice though, don't go looking for a Subaru or BMW and expect them to be completely problem free though.

I had less issues with my 2012 WRX than I had with this 2013 GTI. If it were between buying a Subaru or a Volkswagen right this second, I can say with certainty that I would pick Subaru over Volkswagen! Besides, I had enough of German Engineering for a while. So until that bad taste is gone, I'll more than likely go Japanese or MuriKKKan for my next vehicle. To think, if you had asked me if I would consider another MuriKKKan vehicle 5 years ago, I would have called you crazy.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Oh well, my wife dumped her TDI for this:

I spent a good chunk of time fixing the dealership's detail.... Oh well, I guess that is what I get for being OCD. :D

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!

I spent a good chunk of time fixing the dealership's detail.... Oh well, I guess that is what I get for being OCD. :D
I wish that I got the 3M bra when my paint was that new. Too late for me now.

Mobile FAPTALK

NorthVan1

Ready to race!

Nice car, congrats. Did you get a good price for your TDI?

NorthVan1

Ready to race!
That sounds OK, not sure of the options and year though.

I know he local dealer I deal with is still selling the used TDI's and they are moving quickly, with out any price adjustments. I guess the price drops are specific to regions.

zrickety

The Fixer
I know he local dealer I deal with is still selling the used TDI's and they are moving quickly, with out any price adjustments. I guess the price drops are specific to regions.
Not a VW dealer? It's my understanding that they can't sell any used TDI until VW fixes the emissions.