GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Cheated on Emissions Testing?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I live in a state that doesnt do any kind of testing. The only thing we "test" for is a 3 day hold/background check on handgun purchases.

This testing business and efficacy nannies is becoming a burden. With the government requiring fuel efficacy to rise 25%(guestimate i cant remember the exact number and im to lazy to google) in a few years for auto manufactures.

zipsled

Ready to race!
$37,500 fine for each vehicle.
This is gonna hurt.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Geez.. if GM, VW, Toyoto, Chrysler and who ever else pays up on these penalties by the Billions....US might just have more money than Bill Gates once its all added up!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Geez.. if GM, VW, Toyoto, Chrysler and who ever else pays up on these penalties by the Billions....US might just have more money than Bill Gates once its all added up!

I doubt that fine is correct.
Kia had 1.2 million cars they lied about and only paid 300 million in fines.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
This is ridiculous and frankly I don't believe it.
Damn hippies are at it again.

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
I'm slowly going to back away and peel off the tdi logo from my hatch before the tree huggers vandalize my shit lol

reshwitz

Ready to race!
Nobody died here. GM killed 100+ people and they're only paying out 1-ish billion for it in penalties.

I expect VW to negotiate this down quite a bit. It will come down to how cooperative they are with the investigation and how well they execute the recall.

What I will be curious to see is how badly the new ECU software will kill performance or fuel economy. If it's a significant hit, they will have trouble with customers actually coming in for the recall.

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
I had a software patch recently done. Not sure if my recall covers the same subject but the car feels just fine. I noticed better fuel economy over a couple of tanks but I also received a new exhaust flap which may be contributing to the benefits. I'll report of I get another recall notice for software and even try it out before I visit APR to get my stage 1 tune reinstalled. EPA not gonna like them apples.